By Nmami Agarwal
Winters bring along laziness with them that make you feel hungry more often than usual. In that case salads are the best option to hog-over as a snack, instead of loading yourself with junk and processed food. So, when you feel hungry opt for winter salads topped with warm dressings making it more desirable to eat while nurturing your body with additional nutrition.
Whenever choose to include salad in your diet plan, never go for dull and monotonous salads. Always top your salad palette with interesting and flavourful dressings laden with necessitated nutritional values. So, here are a few winter dressing ideas to make your salad pop out and use this winter.
A Guide To Winter Salad Dressing Ideas
- Tahini Dressing: This tahini dressing is luxuriously creamy yet plant-based (no mayo!). It’s a fun alternative to your standard vinaigrette. A little bit of olive oil, tahini, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, honey(a bit), sea salt and ground pepper make an ideal dressing recipe. Just blend them all in to make a smooth paste.Tahini is rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and iron. Ingredients used in this dressing aid in maintaining healthy skin and muscle toning.
- Basel Pesto Dressing: Giving a pesto touch your lentil salad is same like a putting cherry on the cake. Pesto is an extremely delicious dressing made with basil, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and pine nuts. All the ingredients used in this dressing have health benefits that can be easily included in a well-balanced and healthy diet. Used ingredients such as pine nuts and olive oil are high in calories as they have high fat (healthy fat) content.
- Hummus dressing: This hummus dressing is great for green salads. The creamy texture of hummus can be used as a substitute of mayo. You’re going to love this delicious creamy hummus dressing recipe! Make a paste of hummus, lemon juice, salt and pepper and your good to go. Hummus is a low-fat dip with no sugar and lesser calories. Also, it’s high in protein and provides energy without loading you with pounds. It contains healthy fats which help improve blood cholesterol levels, decrease the risk of heart disease and help control blood sugar.
- Peanut Dressing: The combination of peanuts and sesame oil gives this dressing the nutty flavour which makes it ideal for salads. This peanut dressing is versatile and goes with a wide variety of salad ingredients. Just blend peanut paste, lime juice, soy sauce, honey (a little), sesame oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. It has the enviable combination of protein and fiber making it filling. Peanuts contain high concentrations of poly-phenolic antioxidants, which reduce the risk of stomach cancer by reducing the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines.
- Raw Red Pepper and Ginger Dressing: This great dressing for winters contain spicy tinge to it. It’s simple to make, full of nutritious ingredients and goes with every salad. Ginger being an anti-inflammatory herb reduces migraine severity and pain and inflammation in the muscles and teeth. On the other hand, red bell peppers are packed with antioxidants. The collective effects of vitamin A and C create a great antioxidant ability, and red bell pepper becomes the top notch super ingredient. The ingredients include lime juice, bell pepper chopped, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. All of these are mixed together and seasonings can be added as per taste.
- Roasted Garlic Dressing: This has the perfect combo of garlic, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, and salt which makes it tangy for salads. The roasted flavour of garlic gives a distinctive taste to the dressing. Including garlic on daily basis helps you lower your cholesterol levels due to anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels.The antioxidants presents in balsamic vinegar can help repair damage caused by free radicals, produced by the oxygen used in our body.
Over to you
Eating a salad a day will increase the level of powerful antioxidants in your blood making you full. Such flavourful salad dressing goes a long way while making your veggies exciting. So, grab a salad bowl with some exciting dressing!