Weekly Faq Series
By Nmami Agarwal
We are here with our next Weekly FAQ Series on the basis of our constant viewer’s questions and user queries. In this series, we present answers to the frequently asked question over our various social media channels. Hope this weekly questions and answers series will help sort your concerns related to health. To ask more about health, nutrition and food you can comment down below at the end of this FAQ post or reach to us on any of our social media network
My kids are addicted to sugar. They are 3 years and 8 years respectively, how to break the habit?
Somehow we all are responsible for the way we up bring our kids. But sometimes, keeping a tab on everything kids do becomes next to impossible especially when it comes to monitoring their eating habits. Almost every second child is a finicky eater saying a big Noooooo to the good veggies and always up for sugar laden junk foods. This has become more common ever since there has been a mushrooming of food chains all around us. It is really difficult to control the temptations of kids, but you can do the following-
- You can serve you kids with fruits in variety of ways. Fruits contain natural sugar that can address cravings all you need to do is be a little innovative. You can make smoothies, popsicles, fruit pancakes, and fruit squashes right at home. Just ensure to garnish well, because kids love things that are appealing and colourful
- Eat with them- Make sure you have your meal times, at least one of the meal with your kids as they love to copy their parents. So instead of running after them, serve yourself also a plate of healthy food with them, they’d surely love to copy.
- You can make them eat other natural sources of sugar like – dates, raisins, figs and prunes. You can make halwa, laddoo, barfi or add them to milk to make yummilicious milkshakes.
- And lastly, make sure you explore our recipe section on this website to decode the world of healthy recipes.
I feel very lethargic and tired throughout the day. How to overcome it?
Feeling drowsy and lethargic has become very common these days, because everyone around us seems to be running. The roads are crowded, the metros are packed and the streets are full. In such a bonkers society, it is very likely to lose out on proper diet or sleep that can result in lethargy. So, you need to find out the root cause first and manage it. In the diet you can ensure the following-
- Never skip your breakfast. Breakfast is the best way to ensure you stay energetic throughout the day. You can eat veg sandwich, poha, daliya, upma, dosa, idli or wheat pancake for your breakfast.
- Have energy dense foods like nuts, seeds, and whole grains including whole wheat, oats, jowar, rai or bajra.
- Make sure to drink at least 2.5-3 litres of water everyday
- The natural energy boosters are- black coffee without sugar, handful of walnuts, beetroots, eggs, bananas, and brown rice.
How fast can I lose 10 kg’s? I want to lose it in 10 days.
You need to ask yourself first, have you gained all these extra kilos overnight? Most probably, the answer would be no, so then do not expect to lose so much of weight overnight or within a span of 10 days. Weight loss is a gradual process. Yes, there are many short cuts which you might find on the internet, there are weight loss pills, fat cutting supplements, liquid diets, and what not. But losing weight through such fad trends will make you gain back all the shed weight really fast the moment you go off the diet because such diets are non-sustainable in the long run. The best way to lose weight is by incorporating into healthy eating, exercising, managing stress and most importantly controlling your portions. Whenever in doubt, consult a nutritionist!
The questions followed in Weekly FAQ Series are all the compilation of our viewers/followers questions and lately customized to portray in the question and answers series accordingly. The presented content offer/provide the generic advice/information only. We do not suggest/recommend the listed answers to substitute with any qualified medical prescription and opinion. Request you to always consult a doctor or specialist in extreme cases and illness.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: