Weekley FAQ Series
By Nmami Agarwal
We are here with our next Weekly FAQ Series on the basis of our constant viewer’s questions and user queries. In this series, we present answers to the frequently asked question over our various social media channels. Hope this weekly questions and answers series will help sort your concerns related to health. To ask more about health, nutrition and food you can comment down below at the end of this FAQ post or reach to us on any of our social media network
Is keto diet beneficial for weight loss?
Keto diet or ketogenic diet is pretty much everywhere, with famous personalities endorsing and supporting the diet. Internet is all flooded with a lot of information, mostly in support of this diet. But, the actual facts can vary. No particular diet can lead to a sustainable weight loss, even if it claims so. Because weight loss is a combination of overall healthy lifestyle that includes healthy diet, physical activity routine, and better stress management. Ignoring one of these factors while focusing on the other can never lead to a weight loss that can be retained for long.
Keto diet might have worked for someone, but it necessarily doesn’t mean it will work for everyone because every single person out there has a distinctive body composition and dietary requirements are based on many parameters. Moreover, keto diet eliminates or restricts an important food group from the diet which is carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are essential for energy production and providing necessary fuel to your body and avoiding or restricting their intake can lead to uncalled health consequences. In addition, there is also a focus on the intake of more fat in keto diet, which if not taken under proper supervision, can lead to high cholesterol or fatty liver disease. So, instead on focusing on any “fad” diet, you should focus on a healthy and balanced diet through natural food sources.
What are the best foods to eat for managing constipation?
If your constipation has been long-standing or if it is a frequent problem that you face, you must consult seeking a medical advice because chronic constipation can lead to piles and haemorrhoids, which might require surgical intervention. In the diet, you can include the following-
- Papaya contains a compound called papain that helps in easing bowel movements, therefore acting as a natural laxative.
- The healthy live gut bacteria present in curd and yogurt helps in stimulating bowel movements and improving digestion.
- Prunes are considered one of the best food choices to address constipation. You can consume overnight soaked prunes or drink it in the form of thin juice with pulp intact
- Fruits like apples, pears, oranges, and kiwis are rich in fibre, which helps in bulking the stools and easing the motions.
Are there any foods that can cure insomnia?
Insomnia is a medical condition characterized by lack of sleep. Insomnia can either make you difficult in falling asleep or make your sleep troubled during the night. You may find yourself to be fatigued, and irritable during the day-time. Insomnia is generally not caused by dietary factors, therefore dietary factors might not be sufficient alone in treating the condition. However, certain dietary and generic tips can help you overcome the situation
- Tryptophan is a type of amino acid that helps in the production of serotonin, which is essential for the production of sleep hormone called serotonin. Foods rich in tryptophan include- dairy products, chicken, flaxseeds, sesame seeds, peanuts, almonds, bananas, rice, barley, and chickpeas
- Deficiency of Magnesium can also make it difficult to fall asleep. Magnesium is rich in – dark leafy vegetables, almonds, sunflower seeds, salmon, avocados and low fat curd.
- Vitamin B6 is also essential in the production of melatonin. It is found abundantly in pistachios, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, prunes, and spinach
- Apart from the dietary intake of these foods, make sure to maintain sleep hygiene which means a regular sleep and wake up time along with no-screen usage at least 1 hour before bed time.
The questions followed in Weekly FAQ Series are all the compilation of our viewers/followers questions and lately customized to portray in the question and answers series accordingly. The presented content offer/provide the generic advice/information only. We do not suggest/recommend the listed answers to substitute with any qualified medical prescription and opinion. Request you to always consult a doctor or specialist in extreme cases and illness.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: