Weekley Faq Series
By Nmami Agarwal
We are here with our next Weekly FAQ Series on the basis of our constant viewer’s questions and user queries. In this series, we present answers to the frequently asked question over our various social media channels. Hope this weekly questions and answers series will help sort your concerns related to health. To ask more about health, nutrition and food you can comment down below at the end of this FAQ post or reach to us on any of our social media network
1. I joined gym to lose weight but after a while my weight is stuck. What to do?
Firstly, you need to understand that managing the weight requires the intervention of both- diet and workouts. You cannot expect a proper weight management just by working out alone. In fact, diet plays a crucial role in it. Generally, a new routine sets you up really fast on a weight loss track like joining gym, but the same monotonous routine can make your weight stuck. We call it a plateau. That means your weight is tuck at a particular number and doesn’t seem to shed off despite making all the possible efforts. Just follow these tips:
- Make sure not to skip your meals
- Have a proper pre-workout and post-workout meal plan, You can eat a banana, or fruit smoothie before your workouts and finish with a bowl of lentil soup, an egg sandwich, or quinoa medley post the workout
- Keep challenging your body by increasing the intensity of the workouts. You either need to modify the sets or increase the number of repetitions to make sure the workout is working for you.
- Make sure you sleep and rest well. Rest is crucial for a proper muscle recovery and the more muscle mass you have, the better will be the weight loss process.
2. Can I follow keto diet for weight loss?
The answer is NO. You should never follow a diet based on your own perception and understanding. Just like how doctors work on diagnosing the disease in a proper manner with a standard protocol, similarly for trying out any kind of diet you should consult a nutritionist first because they are qualified to pick the right food choices for you. It is very easy to become trapped in the world of fad diets because lets accept the fact- internet is full of content, some authentic and some completely baseless. You might have been seeing many celebs following a particular kind of dietary trend, but the truth is one diet doesn’t fit everyone, and the only kind of diet you should go for is a personalized diet plan based on your body requirements and health parameters.
Coming back to keto diet- it eliminates the carbs from your diet almost completely. Carbohydrates are one of the major source of energy and going on such diet can make you energy deprived in the long run. Another consequence can be relying heavily on animal protein sources which can sometimes come with unhealthy saturated fats that can clog arteries if not consumed in a proper manner. Keto diet also relies on heavy fat consumption that can again backfire the health by increasing cholesterol levels or making you prone to fatty liver disease. So make your dietary choices only after consulting a nutritionist.
3. What are the five best dietary tips you’d give to anyone
- Eat something within one hour of waking up. This way you will ensure that your insulin level is maintained and blood glucose is managed effectively. You can have a fruit or dried nuts (soaked).
- Stay hydrated- water is one of the most neglected essential nutrients that makes up almost 60-70% of your body. Lack of body water can make you tired, fatigued and lethargic. Always carry a bottle of water with you wherever you go.
- Eat at home Eat Fresh- ditch the junk or processed foods and develop a loving bond with home cooked food as it will give you a better control over portions and will ensure you are eating healthy and fresh.
- Manage your stress well. Stress is one of the most havoc causing agent that can hamper your health in a number of ways without you even realizing it.
- Physical activity should be done for at least 30-45 minutes in a day, minimum five times a week.
The questions followed in Weekly FAQ Series are all the compilation of our viewers/followers questions and lately customized to portray in the question and answers series accordingly. The presented content offer/provide the generic advice/information only. We do not suggest/recommend the listed answers to substitute with any qualified medical prescription and opinion. Request you to always consult a doctor or specialist in extreme cases and illness.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: