By Nmami Agarwal
October 9, 2018
This mildly flavored or spiced kadhi is made for Navratri fasting or vrat. Amaranth flour or Rajgiriaata is what we use here to prepare this kadhi instead of gram flour. Amaranth or Rajgira is a very healthy grain and since it is grown locally in India, it is easily available and not so expensive.
Amaranth Flour: This gluten-free flour is a superfood which attains great importance during Navratri. It is low on glycemic load, enriched with antioxidants. It has far more iron, calcium, protein, manganese, fiber than wheat and rice. During fasting, it can be a healthy and delicious substitute for many recipes.
Curd: Curd is one of the essential food while fasting. It has friendly bacteria which helps in digestion as well as clean the intestine and digestive tract. It is loaded with essential nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12 etc. Curd is light on the stomach and easily digested.It aids in detoxification process at the time of fasting.
- Fresh curd- 30g
- Amaranth flour (rajgiraatta)- 20g
- Cumin seeds- ½ tspn
- Ginger- ½ inch
- 1 or 2 green chili
- Oil – 1 tspn
- Chopped coriander- 15g
- 1 tsp Rock salt or as required
Calories: 134 kcal
Protein: 4.3 g
- Add curd in a mixing bowl and whisk it till smooth.
- Then add amaranth flour.
- Mix well and add ½ cup water.
- Whisk this mixture very well, there should be no lumps.
- Now in a pan, heat ghee and add cumin seeds.
- Then add crushed ginger and green chili to it.
- Lower the flame, then add curd and flour mixture to it.
- Season with rock salt and sugar as per your taste.
- Stir it well and allow kadhi to simmer. Do stir on occasions.
- Kadhiwill thicken, then garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
Over to You:
This easy to digest, vrat ki kadhi just takes 15 minutes to prepare. Serve hot with sama pulao, sama khichdi or with any vrat ki roti of your choice.