Vegetable Delight Burrito
By Nmami Agarwal
The vegetable burrito is a delightful recipe that can be savoured by everyone. This vegan burrito surely proves that you don’t need eggs or any other animal products to have a satisfying and filling breakfast. You don’t need to worry about your dietary needs, liked flavor or spice tolerance. Here’s a burrito recipe that can be customized and the adjustments are effortless to make.
Nutritional benefits: Burrito is full of health benefits. It is a medley of nutritious vegetables and grain that are high in protein, fiber, folate, Vitamin K, B group vitamins and antioxidants which help in lowering the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease while protecting the immune system, skin health, eye-sight, and digestion.
Ingredients for burrito
- Wheat Bran- 10g
- Wheat flour(Normal atta)- 10g
- Zucchini- 15g
- Mushroom- 15g
- Broccoli- 15g
- Black pepper- ½ Tsp
- Oregano- ½ Tsp
- Oil- ¼ Tsp
Ingredients for spread
- Asafoetida- ¼ Tsp
- Green chili- 1
- Oil- ¼ Tsp
- Salt to taste
Calories: 104-106 kcal
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Method (For spread)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida.
- Add onion, oil and sauté till it gets light brown.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft.
- Allow this onion-tomato mixture to cool and then grind in a chutney grinder.
Method (For Burrito)
- Take all the vegetables, chop well.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté all the vegetables, add salt and pepper to it.
- Now take wheat bran, atta in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and knead to soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a roti. Place the roti on a hot pan and cook from both the sides.
- Apply onion-tomato spread on the roti and put sauté vegetables on it.
- Sprinkle oregano on the top.
- Wrap it and grill for 5 minutes.
Over to you: This is not only nutritious but also rich in flavor. The burrito is easy to prepare and a handy dish too which makes it special and a must try option for you. It’s a complete meal of healthy food items making it a filling breakfast. So, do not wait and try this recipe soon.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: