By Nmami Agarwal
It’s time to feaston winter veggies because seasonal veggies not only taste better, but also contain ingredients that suit the body’s needs. During winters, your immune system requires more support to keep everything safe. So you can try this delicious vegetable curry recipe that fulfills the requirement of nutrients of your bodyto stay fit during the season.
Vegetables such as cauliflower, green peas, carrots, capsicum, and fenugreek leaves are used in the recipe. All these veggies are available in abundance during winter season and helps us stay healthy. Cauliflower used in the recipe is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, which is high in fiber and contain significant amount of antioxidants. Fenugreek leaves contain protein, potassium, vitamin A, B, B3, C, E and phytoestrogen which helps in treating asthma, diabetes, and heart diseases. Carrot is a super food which improves eyesight and is excellent for maintaining good skin, hair, and nails.
- 20 grams cauliflower florets (cut into pieces)
- 10 grams green peas
- 10 grams carrot (diced)
- 20 grams of fenugreek leaves
- 10 green capsicum (diced)
- 20 grams onion (diced)
- 20 grams sized tomato (diced)
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon coriander leaves (to garnish)
Calories- 81.6 Kcal
Proteins- 2.3 grams
Fat- 5.4 grams
Carbohydrates- 4.4 grams
- In a blender, blend tomatoes, ginger and green chili to make a puree.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add cumin seeds into it. When seeds start cracking add asafetida to it.
- Now add tomato puree, turmeric, and salt into it. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add all the vegetables into it along with half cup of water and mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes over medium heat until vegetables become tender and mushy. Stir few times in between.
- Add garam masala to the pan and mix well. Finally garnish the curry with coriander leaves.
- Serve along with rice, roti and yogurt.
Over to You:
Stay hale and heartythis winter by including this nutrient rich vegetable curry in your diet.This simple recipe is a great way of adding winter veggies in your diet.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: