Understand Your Body- Self Healing
By Srijan Kaur
The human body possesses a persistent capacity to heal itself in case of any diseases or when any foreign ailment enters the body like for an example if you accidently cut your finger and it starts to bleed then your body starts with a self-healing process of the wound in which the bleeding stops after a period of time on its own.
Disease or any basic health ailment generally occurs when we tend to starve our bodies or deprive them of basic nutrition that is essential to keep us healthy over extended period of time. So it is very essential to provide your body with adequate balanced nutrition.
Self-healing within the body occurs through many process but here we will be discussing about the following three factors which promotes self-healing, which are –
PH (Potential of Hydrogen)
PH refers to Potential of hydrogen. Normal human blood pH should be maintained at 7.3-7.4 which is slightly alkaline. If the body’s pH is too acidic then it leads to various degenerative conditions which in turn becomes a barrier in self-healing process of your body. Thus consumption of foods that help to maintain the proper acid base balance within our body are recommended.
- The foods like Proteins, too much of sugary or salty foods and carbohydrates cause acidity or acidosis in our body which leads to uneasiness and discomfort within the body. Also stimulants like alcohol, tobacco, coffee, tea and fruits and vegetables with high glycemic index also increases acidity in your body.
- It is important to consume at least 60% of alkaline producing foods to promote self-healing. For this we need plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to counterattack the action of acid producing food items.
- Lemons and lime tend to have an acidic effect but they are alkaline in nature once digested, thus are highly recommended to get relief from acidity and maintain a proper acid-base balance in your body.
Suitable Food Choices
You should always opt for healthy food choices to enhance the self-healing process in your body.
- Balanced diet which comprises of proper balance of all macro and micro nutrients should be consumed in order to promote self-healing process.
- Consumption of fruits and vegetables should be increased.
- You must abstain from too sugary and too salty foods, fried foods and also from processed food items as they are of no benefit to your body indeed they only become a barrier in self-healing process within your body.
- Moreover indulging in Alcohol or tobacco consumption can also have negative effects on your body.
Another way in which you can enhance your body’s self-healing properties is by consuming a healthy, nutrient-rich diet.
- It is essential to reduce your consumption of processed foods, as well as artificial food additives, preservatives, colorants, flavors.
- Consumption of vegetables and fruits, lean protein sources, nuts and oil seeds is encouraged because of essential nutrients like vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and healthy fat sources such as MUFA and PUFA present in them.
- Consumption of fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, thyme and rosemary is also encouraged as they are packed with antioxidants which promotes self-healing in your body.
Over to You
Hence by being aware of these factors can result into a healthy and disease free body which is efficient enough to heal itself during any disease condition or physical ailment.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: