By Nmami Agarwal
Something that won’t take too much time to make and is light that it won’t pull down your efficiency, comes in Tuna Wraps. Wraps are generally a lunch option because they’re light, refreshing and super tasty and this one has an additional benefit that it takes much less time to prepare.
This Tuna Wraps are packed heavily with proteins and fills the nutritional and food deficits in your air-tight schedule.
Tuna: High omega-3 fatty acids in its meat brings out a better heart health. The potassium helps in reducing blood pressure. Improving the immune system, boosting circulation and reducing depression are the additional fringe benefits of having tuna fish in your meal. It also helps in keeping healthy bones.
Walnut: They are rich in antioxidants that boost immunity, and a super plant source for omega 3s, reducing the risks of heart diseases tremendously. There are studies that support its healthy gut promoting properties and may reduce the risk of some cancers (includes breast and colorectal cancer).
Tortilla: Tortillas can be moderate in calories and serve as a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and iron. It can also help to improve the blood sugars and keep you full.
- 20 grams of whole wheat flour for tortilla
- 20 grams of light tuna fish
- 1 teaspoon plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of mustard sauce
- A handful (about ½ cup) of baby spinach leaves
- 5 grams of chopped walnuts
- 2-3 raisins
- 2-4 green olives
- 1 teaspoon of chopped flat parsley
- Pinch of rock salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red peppers flakes ( optional)
Calories: 152.7 kcal
Protein: 5.95 grams
Fat: 4.45 grams
Carb: 16 grams
- Place and mix/combine tuna, yogurt, mustard, chopped walnuts, raisins, olives parsley, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using) and salt in a large bowl.
- Keep mixing with a fork until it gets combined finely.
- Place the spinach leaves in the center of the flour tortilla, then put the salad right on top of it.
- Fold the tortilla over the salad, pressing gently but firmly with the hand to shape like a roll.
- Finish rolling by tucking the ends in and packing it in a tight wrap.
- Slice it diagonally and serve immediately, or wrap tightly in plastic film and eat within the day.
Over to you:
This nutrient loaded lunch break can actually accelerate your latter half of the day with great energy, leading you to great heights. And it’s easy to make and pack costs you least efforts and no time.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: