By Nmami Agarwal
December 2, 2018
Making little changes to your diet can add big health benefits. This dish is high in carbs and protein. Protein and carbohydrates together are vital for good health, as carbsgive you energy, while the protein builds muscles. Striking a good balance of nutrient is the key to this amazing recipe.
Welcome to the world of quinoa and tofu. Tofu in your diet will significantly increase your total intake of amino acids, iron, calcium and other micro-nutrients. Taking about quinoa, it providesTwice the protein content of rice or barley, being a good source of calcium, magnesium and manganese and significantly contributes useful levels of several B vitamins, vitamin E and dietary fibre. Mixed along with vegetable this dish savors the taste as well as provides significant nutrients. This Tofu Quinoa recipe is quick, easy and healthy and hearty.
- Tofu- 40 grams (extra firm)
- quinoa – 15 grams
- Ginger -1 tsp (finely grated)
- Garlic 1-2 clove (minced)
- Carrots- 10 grams (coarsely grated)
- Mushroom – 20 grams (sliced)
- Yellow and Red Bell pepper- 20 grams
- Green onion – 15 grams (thinly sliced)
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper powder as per taste
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
Calories – 147.1 kcal
Proteins – 6.2 grams
Fat – 7.86 grams
Carbohydrates – 11.9 grams
- Add the oil to a pan and sauté the tofu (turning frequently) until it gets crispy keep aside.
- In another pan heat oil, add garlic and ginger and sauté for few minutes.
- Now add chopped vegetables and stir in for few more minutes and add salt and pepper.
- Rinse the quinoa in cold running water to remove its bitter flavor.
- In a cooking pan, add quinoa and double the amount of water, add a pinch of salt to the pan, bring to boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir together well the cook vegetables, tofu and cook until the quinoa is heated through.
Over to you
Unhealthy diet and lack of physical activity are the leading factor that promotes unhealthy body. Eating a well-balanced diet is vital for good health and wellbeing.This energetic recipe is what you need to give you a boost in your energy level.