At times, we just want to have fruits but don’t do so because of their excessive sweetness. And yet, the craving doesn’t go away. To balance health, taste, texture, and cravings, we have the right “side” dish made of fruits for you — Spicy Pineapple Slices!
Spicy Pineapple Slice recipe
What you need (5 servings):
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. of Red Chilli powder
- 6 slices of Pineapple (1 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp. of Vegetable oil
- ½ cup of Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp. of Cinnamon powder
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Nutritional benefits: Natural cholesterol buster rich in organic fibre
Best enjoyed with: Pan fried lamb chops or ham
How you cook:
- Begin by mixing salt, chilli powder, brown sugar, cinnamon powder, and cider vinegar in a small bowl.
- Wrap the Pineapple slices on all sides in this mixture.
- Ready the grill by coating with vegetable oil and place pineapple slices onto it.
- Grill on high heat for 1 minute. Toss side and heat for another minute.
- Simmer down heat and cook for 3 minutes per side till the pineapple has softened and caramelised.
Your spicy Pineapple slices are ready to be served hot!
Over to you
On gloomy, rainy days, this dish is a winner even as a quick replacement of regular salad or an indoor barbecue. So, indulge in a little something extra and make your meals stand out.
Also, you could save the Pineapple’s sides to make yourself a delicious drink whose recipe we’ll share next week.
This is our idea of spicing up our salad bowls.
What about you? How do you make your fruit bowls interesting?
Tell us in the comments below. Smart ones would be featured on our blog here. So, don’t wait!