The summer veggie bowl
By Nmami Agarwal
Salads are the healthiest way to fill up on nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits. This salad is not just a visual delight but a healthy delicious treat featuring fresh greens and colourful produce. So here we have a tasty, colourful summer veggie bowl you can try!
Nutritional benefits- This salad comprises fiber, antioxidants vitamins like A, K, calcium, iron, manganese, potassium, and copper. It also fulfills some of your daily protein requirements and helps to improve your immunity, promotes heart health and combats cancer.
- 25g Whole wheat penne pasta
- 25g green beans
- 15g tomatoes
- 10g yellow capsicum
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Few chopped dills
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
Calories– 128 Kcals
Preparation time– 30-40 minutes
Cooking time– 10-15 minutes
- Boil penne pasta in a pot, add green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Then drain water.
- Rinse pasta mixture under cold running water until cool in a strainer.
- Cut tomatoes and capsicum in cubes.
- Toss together pasta mixture, tomatoes, capsicum, lemon juice, olive oil.
- Cover and chill the salad. Just before serving, stir it in dills, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Over to you-
In this summer add some zing to your salad with veggies. Try this out and let us know your experience in the comment section below.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: