The Not-So- Boring Salad: Quinoa Salad
By Nmami Agarwal
What do you think when you first hear the word ‘Salad’? Boring, for people who diet, and bland. Right? It’s something that will be the last on your mind when you are craving for something good and tasty. It’s like too boring to even consider but the fear of gaining weight by indulging in junk food is also there.
So, what’s the solution? Look for something that is delicious yet healthy. And that’s why we decided to share the ‘Quinoa Salad’ recipe with you. It not only tastes amazing but is super healthy too.
What do you need?
- Spring onions
- Yellow/red bell pepper
- Chili oil
- Olive oil salt
Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods. It is gluten-free, high in protein and
one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber,
magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various
Calories– 180-190 kcal.
Course Type– Evening Snack
How to cook?
- Boil water, add salt and quinoa. Leave to simmer on a low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Drain using fine sieve and let it cool.
- Wash the spring onions and mint.
- Cut both into fine strips.
- Wash the tomato and bell pepper. Cut into small pieces.
- Add all the vegetables and the mint to the cooled quinoa.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, drizzle over the salad and mix well.
Over to You
Salads are not always boring. If prepared well using the right ingredients, it can be very
healthy and delicious. And as I always say, it’s about the food choices you make and one
should always ‘Eat today for tomorrow.’ It’s you who will take the decision and once you
make it, every healthy food item will taste good to you.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: