The Natural Way to Nutrition
By Nmami Agarwal
September 4, 2018
Certain foods serve your body the best when they are consumed in its original form. A dash of spices and some healthy toppings are the secondary form of churning the foods to boost its taste. But churning out the main food to make it fancier could deplete its originality and the nutritional values. That’s what you all might have been practising since a quite long without any such awareness. But today, we have arrived with a blog that some food awareness you might like to know about. To know more in detail, follow with us!
- Veggies v/s Veggie Chips: You might have seen loaded shelves of veggie chips in supermarkets, and at some point, you also might have felt tempted to buy them and enjoy over your couch while sitting in the form of TV considering it to be healthy. But next when you pick one of them give a second thought to it, thinking though, they are (potato, zucchini or kale) chips but they are processed as well, which means high in sodium, fat and completely deprived of nutritional values it could have in its raw form.
- Plain Yogurt v/s Flavored Yogurt: Plain (Greek) yoghurt has already so much in it to replenish your body with vital nutrients. Thus, the question there your health got stuck is, why some other flavoured yoghurt is necessary to have if you are getting everything your needs from plain yoghurt? Probably your answer would be the taste. Well, you might not, but these added flavoured deplete the nutritional content and increases the caloric content. So, rather a plain yoghurt topped with fresh fruits is the best option when it comes to giving a treat to yourself.
- Fresh Fruits v/s Canned Fruits: Freshness of fruits is so fragmented that anyone can tell if they are fresh or not by smelling or by simply seeing it. However, influenced by western culture, canned or tinned fruits are now everywhere in the market depriving you of its nutrient-dense property. In the process of canning, additives are added to fruits to perverse them from getting rotten over the period you consume canned fruits.
- Dry Fruits v/s Fried Fruits: Dry fruits are incredibly laden with an essential nutrient that supports your healthy life in several ways. But this scenario only limits by the time when they are consumed raw, means not fried. People, you enhanced taste fry dry fruits in excess oil which increases its fat content and diminished the natural source of nutrition. Better, grab some raw almonds or walnuts when rushing for your office of the college to replenish your body with essential fatty acids other nutrients for a power pack day.
- Homemade Salted Seeds v/s Packed Roasted Seeds: There are companies out in the market selling roasted seeds (pumpkin, chia seeds) assuring customers for its authenticity but always make sure that anything healthy like this available in the market is still processed. So, instead option for such time saver packs do not compromise with your health and go for natural homemade salted seeds which have naturally preserved nutrients and health benefits.
Over to you
Instead of churning the originality and nutritional benefits of foods which can nourish you better in its original form should be avoided so, that you can directly benefit from it. Either it’s in the form of chips, juice, tinned, processed, fried or refined, the essence of raw, fresh or plain foods get faded when churned or moulded differently to add in your palate to enjoy a fancy treat. So, now you decide- will you be running on real foods or would continue to churn round foods like that?