Ten Easy Ways to Burn More Fat
By Nmami Agarwal
Do you feel your clothes are getting tight? Finding out ways to lose fat could be challenging. We suggest simple ways except hitting the gym or going on strict diet. You can inculcate these few simple do’s and don’ts in your routine to keep your body fat-free.
Here are few ways to burn fat:
- Eat well and exercise: Generally it’s a myth that if you cut down calories, you lose weight. Eating well means cutting down on refined carbs, having a balanced diet, consuming more whole pulses, cereals and including a rainbow of fruits and vegetables. Diet works well with exercise. It increases metabolism which helps you burn more fat and keeps you fit.
- Get your zzzzs (Sleep): Having at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep is must. Sleep deprivation may also inhibit one’s ability to lose weight. Insufficient regulation or poor sleep contributes to long-term health problems such as obesity. With long waking hours and less sleep, the body needs to meet the increased metabolic needs that burn fewer calories and less fat.
- Don’t starve yourself: Keep having small meals in every two hours which will keep you energised and away from unhealthy cravings. You can have a fruit after breakfast, handful of nuts after lunch and something like carrot-pumpkin soup post dinner. Following a six-meal pattern is better than having three bulky meals and later consuming junk food to satisfy untimely hunger pangs.
- Eat good quality protein: High protein foods intake increases the release of fullness hormone PYY, which decreases appetite and promote fullness. Protein also raises your metabolic rate and helps you retain muscle mass. High protein foods, such as fish, lean meat, beans, eggs, dairy are ideal if you’re trying to shed some extra kilos around the waist.
- Keep sipping up fluids: Hydration is the key to success of any weight loss programme and nothing hydrates you well than water.When you are fully hydrated, you tend to eat less. Avoid consuming sugary drinks like juices. Drink a glass of water, have something like buttermilk, an appetiser like aam panna before mealtimes and so on throughout your day.
- Eat smaller and frequent meals: People think the heavier the person is, the less often they should eat but that is not true. Also, pay attention to the quality of food you are consuming and how frequently you are consuming. Replace high-calorie foods with healthier low-calorie ones can help reduce calories without limiting total intake of food you eat. Eating fewer times in a day will put you at a risk of over-eating.
- Move more: Not able to find time for hitting the gym or following a diet? Try to opt for simple exercises like walking in or around your office every 40-45 minutes, walking till the parking lot or bus stop and taking stairs instead of escalators.
- Feed on Fiber: Include high fiber foods in your diet, especially soluble fiber. This absorbs water and adds bulk to the meal which gives you a feeling of satiety, absorbs lesser calories and you naturally tend to eat less. Some good sources of soluble fiber could be flaxseed, legumes, and avocados.
- Try strength training and/or aerobics: Strength training basically means weight lifting and has multiple health benefits, especially when it comes to burning fats. It helps you gain muscle over time and builds strength. Aerobic exercises paired with strength training helps reduce body fat more than aerobic exercise alone.
- Eat more fat: Not always all fats makes you fat, especially when taken right type of fat and in right amount. Fat in diet provides greater satiety in meals and can fight inflammation. The right fat in your diet will help you burn more fat. You can use Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) like coconut oil for cooking. Most of the fat content can come from lean meats.
Over to you
There are plenty of options you can try which will help you shed fat. Even minor changes to your lifestyle can have major effects on your health.These tips will help you keep the weight off long term.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: