Tart Rice Platter
By Nmami Agarwal
Treat to those sour cravings lingering your tongue can be achieved in a healthy and tasty way by this Indian tart rice platter recipe. This rice platter has a pinch of tamarind which satisfies your sour tooth also gives you vitamin B and helps you with nausea, constipation and diarrhoea. To know more and how it helps your body, scroll down.
Yogurt used in this recipe is very high in protein, benefits the digestive system and also strengthens the immune system helping you deal with germs. It also benefits your heart to remain healthy and also promotes weight management.
Next, lemon juice rich in Vitamin C helps your skin out-glow.it helps in the small issues to the major ones, from refreshing your breath to preventing kidney stones. Lemon also supports weight loss and helps in hydration.
Tamarind, at last, reduces inflammation and is a really rich source of fiber as well as vitamin B. It can also be used for diarrhoea, constipation and nausea. It is a good news for athletes who get ‘sloshy stomach’ while running.
- Water- 1 cup
- Long grain rice, washed and rinsed- 20 gm
- Vegetable oil- 1 Tsp
- Dried chilly peppers- 2 small
- Mustard seed- ½ tsp
- Cumin seed- ½ tsp
- Fresh curry leaves- 5
- Ground turmeric- ½ tsp
- Fresh lime juice- 5 ml
- Tamarind paste- 1 tsp
- Plain yogurt- 20 gm
- Salt to taste
Calories– 112 kcal
Protein– 2.3 gm
Carbohydrate– 9.5 gm
Fat– 7.4 gm
- Bring the water to boil in a large saucepan. Pour the rice to the bowl and add salt to it, simmer the flame and let it remain for 2- minutes till the water has been absorbed.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the pepper, mustard and cumin seeds. Once they start to pop, add the curry leaves. Cook for 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the rice to a serving bowl and stir the turmeric, lime juice and tamarind paste, ix the chillies and spices after that from the skillet and pour over the remaining oil.
- Once done garnish it with your choice and serve it with the plain yogurt.
Over to You:
Enjoy this tart rice platter as per your mood of your craving without worrying about your health. After all, it is your health that comes first. So, try this recipe today and live healthy.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: