We need to consider the fact that a woman’s body is different from that of male, so the nutritional requirements also differ. Maintaining healthy diet lifelong helps in preventing a lot of diseases of which women are prone to, especially related to hormonal imbalances. So, here we have made a list of a few foods that every woman should definitely add to her diet.
- Include whole grains: Including whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, bran flakes, and whole-grain bread increases the fibre content in your body and also improves the digestive problems.
- Maximize nutrient-packed foods: Give your body the nutrients it needs by eating a variety of nutrient-packed foods, including lean protein, fruits and green leafy vegetables like spinach which is a natural source of calcium and enriched with iron content. They are good for your bone strength. Further to it, leafy greens are loaded with magnesium, vitamin K, vitamin C and phytonutrients that provide a power-package to your bone health. Food high in solid fats, added sugars, and sodium (salt) should be consumed in negligible amount.
- Mix your diet with plant protein foods like tofu and soy milk: A highly nutritious food, tofu is enriched with protein and iron; also contains other minerals such as manganese, phosphorous and selenium which strengthen bones. Being an excellent source of non-dairy calcium, soy milk can be included in your diet.
- Vary your fruits and vegetables: Tomatoes help in preventing breast and cervical cancer whereas cranberries contain a compound known as proanthocyanidins which helps in preventing bacteria from growing in the walls of the bladder preventing urinary tract infections. Another super food, broccoli is enriched in vitamin C and A; has a low-calorie count & contains compounds that help in preventing breast cancer. This variation in fruits and vegetables aid your body fight off such unforeseen health issues.
- Don’t forget dairy: Foods like fat-free and low-fat milk which is high in calcium, potassium, vitamin B12, and riboflavin should be included in the diet as it leads to healthier bones, teeth, and glowing skin. Milk also helps in lowering the risk of breast and colon cancer too. So, don’t forget to incorporate dairy in your diet!
- Drink water: Instead of sugary drinks, stay hydrated by drinking plain water. Always keep a water bottle with you while going out to avoid the situation of dehydration. When at home, never neglect drinking water and make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water to stay naturally hydrated which is also the key to a supple skin. For that matter, drink detox water (infused water) for body cleansing.
- Include a handful of nuts and seeds: Nuts are the powerhouse of essential vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. Almonds are loaded with magnesium and walnuts are an excellent source of omega- 3 fatty acids which help in bone strengthening. Seeds like flaxseeds are loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and fibre and have a disease-fighting compound called lignin which is considered as one of the best ingredients for women. They help to cut down hot flashes and lowers bad cholesterol; it also helps in fighting against breast cancer.
- All in one Egg: Eggs provide a source of non-dairy calcium. They are fully packed and enriched with vitamin D which promotes overall health and provide the right amount of vitamin D and iron required on daily basis. When it comes to yolk- it should be consumed twice or thrice in a week depending upon your physical activity.
- Make way for probiotics (Plain Yogurt): One of the oldest health-boosting foods- yogurt should be eaten regularly! Yogurt contains ‘probiotics bacteria’ which helps in digestion, reduces inflammation and builds immunity. Yogurt also contains calcium which helps in reducing problems linked with irritable bowel syndrome, vaginal infections, inflammatory digestive tract disorders, and stomach ulcers.
- The inclusion of herbal teas: Herbal tea helps in fighting cancer and heart diseases. It also prevents dementia, diabetes, and stroke. Raspberry leaf tea, rooibos tea, tulsi tea, ginger tea, dandelion tea can be added in the diet as they provide health benefits along with good taste.
Over to you
The right food can not only support your mood, boost your energy, and help you maintain a healthy weight but it can also be a huge support through the different stages in a woman’s life. Healthy food can help reduce PMS, boost fertility, make pregnancy and nursing easier, ease symptoms of menopause, and keep your bones strong. So, follow the suggested tips to lead a healthy life!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: