By Nmami Agarwal
The combination of quinoa and spinach creates this incredible nutritious khakhra and makes it even more healthful when sesame seeds along with its elevated aroma and crunchiness are added from the top. Platting it in your evening snacks, will give you a great source of energy lost during the whole day. know more about its nutritional grounds, below.
Quinoa has become a popular food item amongst health-conscious people and food industry around as it’s packed with several vital nutrients. Protein is counted as the top-most nutrient in its nutrients list. It also has all the essential amino acids needed by the body which makes it an excellent food for vegetarians and vegans.
Spinach, the most important ingredient of this recipe contains numerous vitamins and minerals such as potassium, folic acid, iron, calcium and magnesium, vitamins C, B6, B9, E and K including carotenoids.
- 1 teaspoon quinoa flour
- 30 grams chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon oats flour
- 1 teaspoon wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ¼ teaspoon of roasted sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- ½ teaspoon olive oil for brushing
Calories– 96.3 kcal
Proteins– 3 grams
Carbohydrates– 11.1 grams
Fat– 4.5 grams
- Combine all the above mentioned ingredients in a bowl and knead in semi-soft dough.
- Divide the dough in equal portions.
- Roll every portion of dough in 150 mm (6”) diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava and cook the roti on slow flame using little pressure with muslin cloth.
- Let the khakhra cool down completely and serve with mint chutney.
Over to You:
These khakhra are all bind with wholesome nutrients and are an amazing alternative to any unhealthy snacking and especially to kill hunger pangs during office hours. Make these khakhras and then store them in an air-tight container to enjoy for next two-three days.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: