By Nmami Agarwal
December 1, 2018
HIV infection weakens any person’s immune system so the main nutritional focus for an HIV infected person becomes more important than any other thing, in order around to build strong immunity which helps in fighting viruses. This recipe, spinach and red lentil medley contains plenty of carbs, minerals and protein which help in building immunity.
Red Lentils are good for digestion due to high amount of fiber in it. It is plentifully rich in proteins and minerals, boosting various systems in your body.Because of high antioxidant content, it is very beneficial for our immune system, preventing a lot of diseases and infections. Spinach on the other hand is packed with vitamin C and numerous antioxidants and beta carotene, which increases the infection fighting capability of our immune system
- 10 grams rice (washed and drained)
- 20 grams masoor dal or split red lentil (washed and drained)
- 50 grams – spinach (chopped)
- 10 grams potato cubes (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon green chili paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Calories – 164.1 kcal
Proteins – 6.6 grams
Fat – 5.1 grams
Carbohydrates – 20.6 grams
- Heat the pressure cooker and add oil into it. When oil gets hot add cumin seeds to it.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add asafoetida, green chili paste and turmeric powder to it and sauté it on a medium flame for around 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and potatoes into it and mix well. Cook this on a medium flame for 2 minutes,while stirring occasionally.
- Now add the rice, masoor dal, salt and 3 cups of water into it and mix well. Pressure cooksthis mixture for around 3 whistles.
- Serve straightaway along with fresh curd.
Over to you:
Try this wholesome, satiating, and easy to prepare recipe that fits perfectly into any meal, either be it your lunch or dinner. You can create different versions of this recipe while trying different spices, lentil and veggies.