Spicy Pumpkin Latte
By Nmami Agarwal
Spicy Pumpkin latte is a coffee drink made with a mix of traditional spice flavours. Your very own spicy pumpkin latte is not only easy to make but tasty to drink. The ingredients make it even more special like cinnamon that helps in careful monitoring of blood sugar levels to prevent hypoglycemia, which a lot of women with PCOS tend to experience as a result of elevated insulin levels. Try out this easy recipe to make your own own spicy, frothy pumpkin latte at home.
This recipe is a must to try for women who are suffering from PCOD. It includes healthy ingredients like pumpkin that is loaded with Vitamin C to help boost your immune system, also potassium and fibre in Pumpkin support your heart health and slows down the digestion, thereby reducing the impact of sugar on the blood. Even cinnamon helps to reduce insulin resistance in women with PCOD.
- Almond milk- 100ml
- Yoghurt- 50g
- Chopped Pumpkin- 20g
- Coconut sugar- 1 Tspn
- Pumpkin pie spice- ½ tsp.
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp.
- Cinnamon- 1 tsp.
- Coffee- 1 tsp.
Calories- 73-75 kcal
- Take milk, pumpkin, sugar, coffee into a pitcher and blend it until a uniform mixture is formed.
- Put this mixture in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook and constantly stir it, until the mixture is almost boiling then remove it from heat and whisk until foamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour this mixture into a mug,
- Top with a plain yoghurt and add a pinch of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and black pepper.
- Freeze it for 15-20 minutes and serve chill.
Over to you:
This spicy latte can be easily prepared at home and is highly customizable. And the ingredients like pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon may help women with PCOD in regulating their menstrual cycle, lower hormonal imbalance, and even improve insulin and cholesterol levels.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: