Spiced Fruit Tea
By Nmami Agarwal
Winter is here and so is the problem of flu, cough, fever, sore throat, dry skin and asthma. If you are looking for remedies for these winter illnesses then here is the one. This spiced fruity and aromatic infusion of apple tea has anti-bacterial, an anti-inflammatory effect that may help you relieve pain and will give you a soothing effect.
Apples area good source of vitamins and minerals, like vitamins A and C, iron, and potassium. Star anise can help you fight sore throat, peppercorns can resolve digestive issues. Cloves are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Ginger from long time has been used as a winter remedy as it has wonderful medicinal properties which help in reducing pain, inflammation and boosts immunity. Hencethis recipe helps in protecting you from various respiratory diseases making this a perfect tea during cold and flu season.
- 5 grams sized apple
- ½” inch cinnamon stick
- 1 clove
- 1 star anise
- ½” inch ginger (freshly grated)
- 2-3 peppercorns
- 1 organic tea bag
- 2 cups of water
Calories: 4.49 kcal
Protein: 0.08 g
Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Boil water in a saucepan along with chopped apple.
- Add cinnamon stick, clove, star anise, ginger, and peppercorn into it.
- Cover and reduce the flame until the apple turns soft.
- Now add your favorite tea bag to it and turn off the flame.
- Let it steep for a few minutes, then finally strain and discard the tea bag, apple, and spices. Serve hot.
Over to You:
As it is entirely impossible to avoid getting sick during winter season but what this tea will do is, it will give you the relief and immunity to fight all winter problems. Stay warm and have happy and healthy winters!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: