Simply Rich Spinach Salad
By Nmami Agarwal
Have you had your salad today? Making the salad a permanent companion of your meals can be very healthy and it’s very easy to prepare.
This spinach salad is super-convenient in its preparation. Drizzling balsamic vinegar and olive oil over this green salad adds a superb taste to it without even a tinge of compromise on its health benefits. This salad is easy and befriends almost every meal. And if you are high on cholesterol or a cardiac patient then this salad should be a mandatory participant of your every meal as its ingredients are heart friendly.
Spinach: Leafy green spinach is linked to a lower the risk of heart disease. It contains lutein and other carotenoids which known to help in exterminating harmful free radicals that can lead to atherosclerosis (the hardening of arteries). Spinach is high in insoluble fiber which may help prevent constipation. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin A, C, K1 and Iron and calcium. Its consumption is good for eye health, cancer prevention and maintenance of blood pressure.
Walnut: Walnuts are edible seeds with delicious taste and crunchy texture, bearing health benefiting composition. ‘Consumption of walnuts may reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease’, has been cited by many researchers. They are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which is an age-old good friend of heart. They are also a generous source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B and Vitamin E, as well as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium, and zinc.
- Fresh spinach; blanched – 50 grams
- Tomatoes, chopped – 30 grams
- Cucumbers, sliced – 30 grams
- Red onion, sliced – 20 grams
- Bell peppers; chopped – 20 grams
- Balsamic vinegar – ¼ teaspoon
- Olive oil – ½ teaspoon
- Walnut – 5 grams
- Freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Rock salt; according to taste
Course: Mid-meal / Afternoon/ Evening
Calories: 97.9 kcal
Protein: 3.01 grams
Fat: 7.54 grams
Carb: 8.86 grams
- Take fresh spinach in a salad bowl or a plate of considerable size.
- Top spinach with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and red pepper.
- Now toss all the content to in order to mix them well.
- Sprinkle balsamic vinegar and olive oil over it.
- Garnish it with finely chopped walnuts.
- Add freshly ground black pepper, as per your desire and serve.
Over to you:
This easy to make and flavourful salad is a smooth go on almost every event of eating. And its constitutional make-up leaves no room to keep your heart healthy apart from other health benefits.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: