Vacation is almost over and everybody is back to the real world – and faced with the reality that one ate and drank way too much while on a vacation. So, now, it’s time to get back on track. But how to do that when the mind still ponders on a sunny beach sipping piňa coladas? It may not be easy, but following these seven tips can help you get started:
1. Cook homemade meals: Vacations are all about all one can eat, trying local cuisine and having absolutely no clue how many calories one has consumed! After all, it is a vacay! That being said, this isn’t a lifestyle that can be maintained. So, now after the vacation when one is at home, focus on cooking again, using ingredients that an individual is familiar with and controlling portion sizes. This will help the recovery from over-indulgent holiday grub fast!
2. Limit the refined carbs and cut the sugar: Who doesn’t love that bread basket at breakfast time. But take a break from those refined, processed or sugary carbs when back from the vacation. Instead, load up on complex carbs, lean protein, fibre and healthy fats to help the body metabolize that sugar rush. Also, snack on to a handful of unsalted nuts or fresh vegetables with hummus to battle hunger and keep nutrition on track. Load up on green leafy vegetables and fruits.
3. Hydration: Our body is made up of 75% water, so one needs to keep replenishing. Water helps carry nutrients to the body and eliminate waste. Travelling can make us even more dehydrated, not to mention the drinking and salty foods. Try to get at least half the bodyweight in ounces every single day. Shoot for more if one can. One can even set an alarm to remind oneself to drink if an individual need it.
4. Get your daily fibre fix: After all that over indulgence in sweet and savoury calorie-laden treats, it’s time to get the digestive system back on track. Fibre is just what is required. Start the day with a high fibre breakfast. Oats are the way to go. Eat brown rice or bran atta rotis at meals to regulate the system and fill one up. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables an easy way to add fibre to the diet on-the-go is the delicious and filling.
5. Sleep at least 7-9 hours every night.: Sleep is when the body recovers and rejuvenates. Spending a week away being pretty hard on the body and therefore it needs a chance to regain its energy. A simple meditation is required to reduce the stress and relax.
6. Exercise: Exercise helps boost the metabolism. Even a brisk walk after one eats also helps as it regulates the blood sugar levels. Whereas on another note, any exercise is better than none.
7. Temporarily tame your social life: Getting back on track when one is a social butterfly can be quite difficult. But after the excitement from vacation, a little downtime might be necessary. Try to schedule some evenings dedicated to a workout or a home-cooked meal, especially the first week home. Also, consider limiting the alcohol intake to the weekend.
Over to you
Thus, there is no such thing as a one-day miracle diet, or any quick fix to meeting weight-loss goals, it can be useful to hit the reset button every once in a while or giving a little push towards feeling better start and making healthier long-term decisions.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: