Sarso Ka Saag with Bajre Ki Roti
By Nmami Agarwal
As the temperature continues to drop, we require food that can boost our immunity and mood, and what is the better way to deal those cravings other than having a comfort meal like sarso ka saag along with bajre ki roti. Complete this meal along with a glass of buttermilk and for sweet have a small piece of jaggery, tempting isn’t it? The weather outside maybe terrible, but your diet doesn’t have to be.
Three types of green leafy vegetables are used in the recipe which is a good source of fiber, manganese, folate and vitamin A, C and K. These are ideal for weight management and also a major source of iron and calcium. Incorporating green veggies in your diet is really important especially during winters as it boosts your immune system which very much required during this season. Bajra is rich in essential compounds like protein, fiber, phosphorus, magnesium and iron.
- 30 grams sarson (mustard greens)
- 40 grams palak(spinach)
- 15 grams bathua
- 1 teaspoon. mustard oil
- 1-2 red chilies(whole)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 30 grams onions(chopped)
- 20 grams tomatoes(chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 10 grams makkekaatta (maize flour)
- 1 tsp. ginger(chopped)
- 1 green chilies
- 10 grams bajrekaatta (millet flour)
- 10 grams gehukaatta (wheat flour)
- Salt to taste
Calories: 179 Kcal
Proteins: 5.06 grams
Fat: 6.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 23.7 grams
- Boil palak, sarsonkasaag, and bathuatogether. Strain the water and grind it to a fine paste.
- Add mustard oil in a deep bottom pan and put dry red chilies, garlic and onion to it.
- When onions got fried to golden brown, add tomatoes, turmeric powder and red chili powder to it as well.
- Now add maize flour to the mixture and stir fry it.
- Once the masala got cooked, add the grinded green paste to it and cook this for around 20-30 minutes.
- Add ginger and green chilies and serve hot along with the tempering of ghee.
- To prepare bajreki roti:
- Knead bajrekaaata, gehukaaata and salt together along with water to prepare the dough.
- Roll out the rotis and cook it on a tawa from both sides like a regular roti.
Over to You:
Seasonal produce including fresh fruits and veggies deliver you with nutrients required by your body during colder months. So provide yourself with the knowledge to get the right nutrition while staying tuned with us!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: