By Nmami Agarwal
Breakfast must be nutritious enough to keep the midday hunger pangs away and keep the functioning of the brain at its optimal. Here’s a delicious salmon sandwich recipe that provides a great breakfast option to begin your day.
Have a look and try this out for your kids and family. But before that, let’s have a look at its nutritional values.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), an omega-3 fatty acid is found primarily in oily fish like it. The human body is, metabolically, incapable of producing DHA on its own. Hence, it must be obtained from the diet. Salmon earns a name in the good books as it helps to keep the brain razor-sharp with a consumption, twice a week.
Ingredient for sauce
- Low-fat milk- 50ml
- Whole wheat flour -3 gm
- Butter/oil – 2ml
- Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
Calories– 32-35 Kcals
Ingredient for filling
- Multigrain bread – 1 slices
- Salmon- 25g
- Tomato- 15g
- Onion- 10g
- Chopped capsicums (red/yellow)- 5gm
- Fresh dills and coriander – few
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
Calories– 107-100 kcals
For white sauce
- Boil 1 cup milk and keep aside. In another pan, add butter/oil in it then add whole wheat flour and fry for 2-3 minutes on slow heat, keep stirring continuously to avoid burning the flour.
- Pour one tbsp of hot milk each time to the flour and mix well making sure there is no lump in it. Use the whole one cup of milk in a similar way and make a sauce of thick consistency. Take off the flame.
- Grind the spinach and add it to white sauce and mix it well.
- Add salt, crushed black pepper, chili flakes, and cooked white sauce and mix well.
- Toast multigrain bread and spread thick white sauce over it
- Cut salmon and tomatoes into slices and chop capsicum and onion into small cubes
- Put tomato slices over bread and then salmon on it.
- Spread chopped onion and capsicum on the top of salmon slices
- Then put herbs and seeds over the top and enjoy.
Over to you
Salmon is one of nature’s best sources of essential fatty acids and DHA required for brain health. So, start your day with this salmon sandwich recipe to give a boost to your kid’s initial growth years and brain for further body development.