Rice Savory Dimsums
By Nmami Agarwal
For a no-fry challenge, try these healthy and delicious dimsums or rice momos. These dimsums are good for health as we are going to prepare them with rice flour instead of traditional all-purpose flour which is very harmful for our intestine. It is prepared with just one teaspoon of oil and along with that, it contains goodness of all the veggies.
Rice flour can be a great substitute of all-purpose flour while preparing healthy version of dimsums as it is a rich source of protein and dietary fiber. Our body needs insoluble fiber to help rid from waste and that fiber is provided by rice flour. Along with that all the veggies provide you with nutrition like potassium, fiber and vitamin A which is vital for health and maintenance of our body.
- 30 grams rice flour
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 20 grams finely chopped mushrooms
- 20 grams of finely grated paneer
- 10 grams; finely chopped cabbage
- 10 grams; chopped spring onion
- 2-3 finely chopped garlic
- ½ inch finely chopped ginger
- Salt – according to taste
- Black pepper – according to taste
Calories (4 pc): 217.3 Kcal
Proteins: 6.53 g
Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- In a pan add oil and water and bring it to boil.
- Add rice flour and cook it until it combines and becomes dough.
- In another pan add chopped, green chili, ginger and garlic. Sauté it for a minute.
- Now sauté all the veggies for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add grated paneer to this mixture and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to this mixture and let it cool down at room temperature.
- Combine the dough together on a clean slab to make it soft and smooth.
- Divide the dough in equal portions and make lemon size balls from it.
- Now take a ball and roll it into a small circle while dipping into the dry rice flour.
- Hold it into your hand and fill one spoon of mixture in the center.
- While sealing the sides prepare a dimsum or momo like shape.
- Likewise prepare rest of the dimsums as well and put them on the greased tray.
- Put the tray into the steamer and steam dimsumsfor about 10-15 minutes. Serve hot along with your favorite dip!
Over to You:
Dimsum actually means touch your heart and we are sure that these healthy, juicy and soft rice flour dimsums will definitely going to touch your heart if you give it try. Don’t forget to share your experience of these healthy dim sums with us!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: