By Nmami Agarwal
Cutlets can be healthy too! Here’s a great way to combine nutrients with flavour. Try out this crisp rajma cutlet recipe which makes for a great snack for children. You can pack these in their lunches and be prepared to see full empty lunch boxes as they will devour them without any fuss. Kidney beans are enriched with protein, potassium, magnesium, and dietary fibre which aids in lowering cholesterol levels in your blood. Also, it’s a healthy option for diabetics because of its low glycemic index, which keeps your body’s sugar content balanced.
Course: Evening snack
- Rajma– 15 grams (1/2 Cup overnight soaked rajma)
- Onions- ½ small
- Fresh ginger garlic paste- ½ tsp
- Curry leaves- 5
- Coriander leaves- 10 g
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder- ½ tsp
- Kasuri methi(dry fenugreek leaves)- ½ tsp
- Toasted bread crumbs- 1
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook soaked rajma for 7-8 whistles.
- Grind rajma coarsely in a grinder; don’t add the water while grinding.
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a bowl add grinded rajma; combine well with your fingers.
- If your mixture comes out dry, sprinkle some water, mix well and form like a dough and roll into balls. Flatten the balls with your palm into cutlets.
- On medium heat, heat up a non stick pan place cutlet and drizzle oil on the sides of the cutlets, cook for few minutes and flip to the other side using spatula, cook on low flame until it turns golden colour.
- Serve it hot with mint chutney.
Over to you
Add these amazing and mouth-watering rajma cutlets to your snack menu and enjoy every bite of it. Try this and impress your family and friends. Also, you can garnish this with pomegranate seeds to present it to your guests.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: