By Nmami Agarwal
Making a few adjustments to your meals can make them look appetizing to even picky eaters. For instance, you can give your kids this delicious glass of Rainbow Smoothie. Enriched with plums, peaches, mangoes, blueberries, blackberries, and milk, this smoothie will help your kids to get an array of nutrients. So, go through the recipe and surprise your kids with this colorful smoothie in breakfast or evening.
An assortment of healthy components is comprised in plums, peaches, mangoes, blueberries, blackberries, and milk such as vitamin A, C (ascorbic acid), E (alpha-tocopherol), K (phylloquinone), beta-carotene, antioxidants, and folate. They are also a naturally rich source of vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6. Minerals found in them include potassium, phosphorus, fluoride, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc and nonetheless protein. Also, they are a good supply of dietary fiber that offers very low calories (except mangoes) with zero harmful fats.
- Plums (For pink shade) – 1
- Peach (For yellow shade) – ½
- Mango (For orange shade) – ½
- Blueberries (For dark blue shade) –3-4
- Blackberries ( For purple shade)- 3-4
- Milk – 150 ml
Calories: 135-137 kcal
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
- Blend blackberries for the purple layer with milk and spread evenly in the glass for the first layer.
- Blend peach for the yellow layer with milk and spread evenly in the glass for the second layer.
- Blend mango for the orange layer with milk and spread evenly in the glass for the third layer.
- Blend blueberries for the blue layer with milk and spread evenly in the glass for the fourth layer.
- Blend plumps for the pink layer with milk and spread evenly in the glass for the fifth layer.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before serving.
(Take 30ml of milk for each fruit to blend)
Over to you
One glass of Rainbow Smoothie will pump your kid’s body with vital nutrients enabling them to perform better in their day to day activities. You can add more fruit options depending upon your kid’s favorite fruits. Serve this recipe chilled and let them enjoy this versatile drink.