Ragi Masala Snacks
By Nmami Agarwal
This “Ragi Masala Snacks” recipe is a baked savoury healthy snack made with ragi and whole wheat flour with minimal use of oil. These ragi masala snacks is a healthy munch on recipe even for the weight loss seekers. Also, it's a nice recipe to add in your cookbook for its nutritious benefits.
Ragi- a wonderful whole gain which is gluten-free and a staple food item in South India. It is known for a rich source of fiber which helps you in weight loss and diabetes. Also, it’s packed with calcium, vitamin D, healthful carbs and amino acids. Dahi is considered a superfood as it is packed with a significant amount of calcium, protein and live and good bacteria that helps in keeping your gut healthy. It also promotes weight loss, boosts metabolism, increases immunity, prevents osteoporosis, fighting against anaemia and vaginal infections.
- 10 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 10 grams Ragi Flour (Finger Millet)
- Bunch of Coriander (Dhania) Leaves; chopped
- 1 teaspoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger Paste
- ¼ Garlic paste
- ¼ Green Chilli Paste
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt, to taste
Course: Evening Snack
Calories: 114.9 kcal
Protein: 2.08 grams
Fat: 9.5 grams
Carbs: 14.25 grams
- To prepare Ragi Masala Snacks, preheat Oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix ragi and whole wheat flour in a bowl and add plain curd in a bowl, add ginger garlic and chilli paste as well.
- Add some cumin seeds and salt and then combine it all well. After that, add freshly chopped coriander and turmeric powder.
- Now add required oil and water to form get a dough. Knead a soft pliable dough.
- Divide the dough in two and roll each by dusting the surface with dry flour. Roll the dough in a large circle of about 8-inch diameter.
- Next, cut it into strips of about half or one inch using a sharp knife.
- Now twist the strips vertically and place them on a lined baking sheet and bake them in the ap reheated oven for about 20 minutes. Flip the sides gently after halftime.
- Once baked well, you can store these munchy snacks in an airtight container. Enjoy these snacks during tea time with Masala Chai.
Over to you
You will love the taste of these ragi masala snacks which are also a health complementing snack. The crispness and nutritional values of this recipe will complement both, your taste buds and health.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: