By Nmami Agarwal
September 6, 2018
Yes, you read right! It all says by its name only. Quick veggie Frankie- a dish highly recommend for your all to include in your diet as it’s all laden with healthful veggies to keep you up for the whole day. So, make this ingredient list your checklist for this recipe and give your first try to this recipe.
Whole wheat flour is packed with dietary fibre, complex carbohydrates, and the moderate amount of proteins. Except that it’s high in catalytic elements, mineral salts, magnesium, sulfur, silicon, iodine, calcium, potassium, chlorine, arsenic, silicon, manganese, zinc, copper, vitamin B and E. Also, it is abundant in antioxidants, like carotenoids such as beta-carotene.
Vegetables used in this recipe are the powerhouse of antioxidants, ample amounts of folate, vitamin A, K and vitamin B6, carotenoids like beta-carotene, lycopene, zeaxanthin, lutein, phytochemicals supporting the maximum benefit to our day to day vegetable requirement.
- 20 grams Whole wheat flour
- 20 grams capsicum, thinly sliced
- 20 grams beans, chopped
- 20 grams mushroom, chopped
- 20 grams lettuce, thinly sliced
- 10 grams carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 grams tomato, chopped
- 10 grams cucumber, grated for garnishing
- ½ tsp of Black pepper
- ½ tsp of chaat masala
- ½ tsp of oregano
- salt to taste
- chilli powder to taste
- Bunch of coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 tsp oil
Calories- 123 kcal
- In a pan, take all the chopped vegetables such as (capsicum/beans, mushroom, carrot, tomato and lettuce.
- Start to sauté all the veggies for 2-3 minutes in some oil.
- Then add the spices like chilli powder, black pepper powder, chaat masala and salt according to taste.
- Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Now knead one medium sized chapati with using whole wheat flour.
- Place the roasted chapati on a flat surface.
- And start spreading the mixed veggie mixture in a generous amount.
- Add the chopped lettuce, oregano over the veggie mixture.
- Slowly and gradually fold both the sides one after another.
- Roll it and cover the Frankie using a butter paper
- Finally, garnish it with a few coriander leaves or grated cucumber.
- And your quick veggie Frankie is ready to serve and eat.
Over to you
Pack your lunch with this quick veggie Frankie and let your body refuel with the essential nutrients to give a support to your optimal body functioning. Try and let us know how helpful you found this recipe to support your health!