Puffed Rice Ladoo
By Nmami Agarwal
Ever wondered why you couldn’t lose weight? It’s likely that you aren’t cutting sugar from your diet. Refined sugar is bad for health as it can lead to weight gain, sugar problem and increase risk of heart disease.
But not all sugars are bad for you, try to incorporate dates, jaggery or other sweet alternatives in your diet for a healthy lifestyle. Here’s a recipe of puffed rice ladoo smade with jaggery and puffed rice which is very simple to make and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Compared to other cereals puffed rice is very low in calories. It provides us with essential nutrients like vitamin B, iron, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus. Puffed rice is a food that is high in glycemic index and raise the level of insulin and glucose considerably.
Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium which help prevent ageing. It acts as a natural sweetener and provides energy over an extended period of time. For women it’s a best way to deal with mood swings, menstrual cramps and abdominal pain.
- 20 grams cups murmura (puffed rice)
- 5 grams jaggery powder
- 5 grams roasted gram
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon of water
Calories (For 2 ladoos): 100.45 Kcal
Protein: 2.62 g
Carbs: 21.79 g
Fat: 0.26 g
- On medium heat, dry roast murmura for one or two minutes so that it crisps up.
- In a separate bowl add powdered jaggery and water. Heat it on a medium flame until jiggery melts and gets mixed with water.
- Keep stirring the mixture and add cardamom powder to it. Check the thickness of the syrup as it heats.
- Consistency of syrup should be of medium to thick. If the consistency is too thin, then the ladoos will come out easily.
- Now pour the prepared syrup over roasted murmura or puffed rice. Add roasted in it as well.
- Mix everything well. Now apply some water over your palm and start preparing ladoos from it by slightly pressing between your palms and giving it spherical shape.
- In the same manner, prepare rest of the ladoos and store in air tight containers.
Over to You:
This crunchy, light and delicious ladoos can be prepared in no time.It is light and easily digested hence, it can be used as a snack in between meals. Kids as well as grown-ups too will love them.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: