Paneer Roll Recipe
By Nmami Agarwal
It’s hard to get your kids to eat a healthy lunch at times as kids are always craving for junk food the whole day. But such eating habits can lead your kids to deficiency of essential nutrients required for the growth years. Of course, it’s a situation to worry about your little champs. Therefore, we are here to help you out with this amazing paneer roll recipe to lure your kids.
This recipe is not just a simple recipe but something laden with full-fledged nutrients required by kids to develop the friendly nature with new food served in the plate. Paneer- a high protein dairy food often substituted for meat in a number of vegetarian dishes. Also, it consists of multiple nutrients such as vitamin A, D, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, zinc, sodium and selenium that help the body grow and stay fit for longer including strengthening bones and teethes, improving digestion, aiding in weight loss as it also contains linoleic acids and maintain blood sugar levels due to the presence of magnesium in it.
For the Dough
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
For Panner Bhurji
- Crumbled paneer – 40 grams
- Finely chopped onions- 15 grams
- Finely sliced tomatoes- 15 grams
- Green chilies (split lengthwise)- 2
- Finely chopped coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Kasuri methi- 1 Tsp
- Dhaniya powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- A pinch of chaat masala
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clarified butter (ghee) – 1 Tsp
- Knead whole wheat flour with a pinch of salt to make the dough by adding water.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside.
- Knead again and roll out each small dough ball to make the thinnest chapatti like a wrap.
- Now cook it on a preheated griddle and set aside.
For the Filling
- Add clarified butter to a medium sized preheated deep pan (kadhai).
- As it gets heated, add some cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add onions and green chilies. Sauté onions on medium heat, until it turns in golden brown.
- Add some chopped coriander leaves and stir quickly.
- Now add sliced tomatoes and cook them until no moist is left in the pan.
- Sprinkle dhania powder, garam masala, chaat masala, kasuri methi and salt and give a quick stir.
- Add crumbled paneer at the end and cook for 2 more minutes on low flame while stirring intermittently.
How to Proceed
- Divide the filling according to the thin chapati like wraps.
- Add the filling in the chapati and roll it.
- Cut it into pieces and serve with mint coriander chutney.
Over to you
Add a punch of paneer, whole wheat flour and other healthful ingredients like tomatoes, onions, coriander and much more to your kid’s plate to nourish them with best. Try this protein-rich recipe soon to see healthy growth in your kids.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: