Oats and date bars
By Nmami Agarwal
Well, most of you must have heard of some food items that help in enhancing the secretion of breast milk such as oats, fenugreek, jeera, sesame seeds etc that are known as galactagogues and hence these bars are huge craze nowadays. Oats and date bars have no added sugar. This recipe uses coconut oil, which is also known to improve milk supply. So this snack is made of healthy ingredients that help in boosting the breastmilk supply. Just keep these bars by your bedside to satisfy anytime hunger pangs.
Nutritional Benefits: These granola bars are very nutritious and are prepared using healthy ingredients such as dates, that are naturally sweet, high in fiber and excellent to improve your potassium and selenium levels. Other ingredients like oats which are rich in fibre help in lowering the cholesterol levels, improve blood sugar levels and are very helpful in constipation. Also, the seeds like sunflower and sesame seeds are rich in proteins, minerals like iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and vitamins that help to control blood sugar levels and lower the cholesterol level.
• Oats- 20g
• Deseeded dates- 4
• Water- 50ml
• Raisins- 5g
• Sunflower seeds- 5g
• Coconut oil- 1 Tsp.
• Sesame seeds, toasted- 1 Tsp.
• Cinnamon powder- ½ Tsp.
Yield: 2 Bars
Calories: 125kcal for 1 bar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Place the dates in a pan with the coconut oil. Add little water and allow the dates and coconut oil to melt for about five minutes until the dates become nice and soft.
3. Now place the dates and coconut oil mixture into a blender with the water and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
4. Add the oats, raisins, sunflower seeds and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and stir in the date mix. Add the sesame seeds to it.
5. Line a baking tray (about 6×9 inches) with baking paper, or grease it with coconut oil. Now pour the granola bar mix onto the baking tray and spread it evenly across the tray.
6. Place the tray in the oven for about 35 minutes, until the top turns golden. At this point take the tray out of the oven and allow it to cool for about 15-20 minutes, before cutting it into bars.
7. Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy whenever you feel.
Over to you:
Oats and date bar is an energy bar made from pitted dates and oats. Basically, these are very healthy and delicious that makes it a must try for all the breastfeeding mothers. It is also a light and portable snack. You can improve the quality and quantity of your breast milk by including these bars in your diet which are probably the best snacks.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: