By Nmami Agarwal
June 8, 2018
Summers bring luscious waves of heat along with glistening sweat. Another complimentary thing that tags along is fresh & hearty lemonade. Brace yourself to plunge into an ocean of fruity and frozen brew of zesty lemons and peaches. Not only is this drink a thirst quencher, but also a detoxifying juice which will do justice to your health and, of course, your taste-buds too. Here is a blueberry and peach lemonade to charge you up instantly. Blueberries are a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals such as iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, vitamin K & C. They encourage bone & skin health, lower blood pressure manages diabetes and; prevent heart diseases. Peaches are a rich provider of vitamin A, C & B. They are low in calories, contain no saturated fat or cholesterol, and are a good source of dietary fibre as well.
CALORIES – 105-111
- 1 medium-sized peach
- 10 grams blueberries
- 1 lemon
- 2 grams (1/2 teaspoon) – coconut sugar
- 2-3 cups of water
- 3-4 mint leaves
- Few leaves of rosemary
- In a medium saucepan, combine rosemary, peach, coconut sugar, blueberries and 2 cups of water. Bring it to simmer and let it cook for ten minutes until thickened and adequately infused.
- Let the fusion cool down. Strain rosemary sprigs.
- Add 2 cups of cold water in a jar. Add the combined syrup to water along with the juice of one lemon.
- Refrigerate till lemonade reaches the desired temperature.
This infusion of delicious blends and juice adds a twist to your basic lemonade along with additional nutrients. Detoxify sweat, workload and stress out of your system with peach and blueberry lemonade.