By Nmami Agarwal
Everyone likes to feel light-stomach even when feeling full and healthy especially while fasting. The recipe given below is for Navaratri thalipeeth, which are often made for religious fasting. These are not deep fried like sabudana vada’s and hence is a light snack and an ideal food for people who are fasting.
Sabudana: it helps you to be free of fatigue because of the energy giving nutrients like calcium, iron and vitamin K. the content of potassium keeps your blood pressure under control. It helps your body for good blood circulation as well.
Peanuts: they are free of carbs and take really good care of your skin, helps you to fight depression and Alzheimer’s disease. It has iron and magnesium on a good scale and has contents of calcium and vitamin B.
- Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)- 30g
- Sabudana- 20g
- Cumin powder- ½ tspn
- Roasted and coarsely ground peanuts- 1/2 tspn
- Ginger- 5g
- Coriander leaves- 15g
- Lemon juice- ½ tspn
- Sugar- ½ tspn
- rock salt as per your taste
- Oil or ghee- 1 tspn
Calories: 171 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26.3 g
Fat: 6.2 g
- Rinse the sabudana till the water becomes transparent and soak it overnight.
- Make sure to drain it well the next morning and remove all the moisture.
- Take the sabudana in a large bowl and all the rest of the ingredients with the mashed potatoes and combine them well
- Put a non-stick pan on the heat and spread some the oil or ghee
- Apply some oil on your palm
- Take some portion from the sabudana mixture and flatten it with your oily/ greased palm
- Place the flattened thalipeeth on the heated pan
- Shallow Fry until both the sides turn brown and crispy.
- Take it out of the pan and repeat the same process with the leftover mixture to make some more thalipeeth
- Serve it hot with chutney or raita
Over to You:
Try this healthy recipe to keep yourselves satisfied with taste and health even during fasting. Once you take this share of food it will give you energy and keep you away from fatigue. So enjoy our new recipe and share the recipe to help other keep healthy. Happy fasting!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: