By Nmami Agarwal
November 14, 2018
Children’s are special and so on the occasion of children’s day it is important to understand the nutritional needs of your children. Instead of feeding then outdoor food try to make delicious treats at your home, recipes which is a combination of both health and taste. And one such recipe is this mini cocktail idlis. These mini bite sized, masala coated idlis is a great way to enjoy south indian delicacies in your home.
Two main ingredients of this recipe is rice and urad dal. Rice is an instant source of energy and maintains blood sugar levels. It is rich in vitamins and a very low amount of saturated fats and cholesterol making it very good for heart. Urad dal on the other hand is a rich source of protein and dietary fiber which is essential for body growth and development. Nutrients that are present in this dal strengthen bones and prevent bone disorders.
- 30 grams of rice
- 10 grams of urad dal
- 15 grams onion (chopped)
- 15 grams tomato (chopped)
- 1 green chili
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5 gram oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Few coriander leaves (for garnish)
Calories: 112 kcal
Protein: 2.8 g
Carbohydrate: 12.2 g
Fat: 5.8 g
- Soak the rice and urad dal separately for around 4-6 hours. Drain the water and grind both rice and urad dal into a fine paste.
- Mix both the paste together and check the consistency of batter, it should neither be too thin neither too thick.
- Keep the batter in a warm place so that it can ferment. Once the batter is raised, add salt to it and mix well.
- Grease the mini idli stand with oil and pour batter into idli mold. Add ½ cup of water in the idli stand and let the idli steam.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds into it and wait for the seeds to splutter.
- When seeds starts to splutter add urad dal to it and wait for it to turn golden brown.
- After that add curry leaves, green chili and onion to it and sauté well.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt into it and mix well. Cook till tomatoes get mushy.
- Finally add steamed mini idlis to this mixture and toss it well. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it hot!
Over to You:
Spread a smile on the face of your child this children day by preparing this tasty, delectable and perfect party treat. Plus it’s on a healthier side too!