Methi Spinach Thepla
By Nmami Agarwal
Kick start your morning with diabetes-friendly energetic breakfast that is packed with nutrition and satisfaction. Thepla is famous, delicious Gujarati dish which is basically a flatbread that is nutritious and super healthy. So here we are giving you one of the best option for breakfast, methi – palak theplas that are not only fulfilling but are also very beneficial to improve blood sugar levels.
Nutritional benefits– Fenugreek seeds are famous for their ability to lower blood sugar levels. They contain fibre and also helps to slow down the digestion process hence regulates the absorption of carbohydrates and sugar. It is very useful for boosting testosterone, helps to manage heartburn, preserves brain function and weight gain, improves skin health, treat cancer and can improve kidney health whereas spinach is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable contains several vitamins and minerals, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins B6, B9.1 cup of spinach contains 6 percent of your daily value of magnesium, a mineral that can help regulate your blood sugar level. Also, it lowers down blood pressure, helps in bone mineralization and good for eye health.
- Fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) chopped – 5 gm
- Fresh spinach leaves (palak) chopped – 5 gm
- Whole wheat flour (atta) – 25gm
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil –3ml
- Salt to taste
Calories– 121-122 kcals
Preparation time– 10-15 min
Cooking time– 5-10 min
- Put fenugreek and spinach leaves in a bowl. Add salt, green chilli, carom seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add little water in the flour and knead into a stiff dough. Add oil and knead again. Cover it and set aside for 10-15 minutes
- Divide dough into equal portions, flatten and roll out into thin small discs.
- Heat a non-stick tawa and roast the theplas, turning sides and till golden from both sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney.
Over to you
So this recipe is a good meal for all the individuals and especially those who are diabetic and doesn’t like to have greens in the vegetable form then this is the best way you can incorporate greens in your diet. Also, this methi spinach thepla is not only for the Gujaratis out there instead all of you who want to experience its nutritional benefits can try it out
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: