Mango Iced Tea
By Nmami Agarwal
Mango is a nutritious and delightful tropical fruit with unique flavour, fragrance, taste, and health-promoting qualities. With mango being the love of this season, it feels the only right to add this yummy fruit in our meals. Since plain green tea has a distinct strong flavour that some of you may not like, here is a unique recipe for mango iced tea, a perfect drink for a hot summer day. This recipe will not only enhance the taste of green tea but with an infusion of this rich fruit, it will also boost the flavour and goodness of health.
Mango is an excellent source of Vitamin-A and flavonoids like β-carotene, α-carotene, and β-cryptoxanthin. Fresh mango is a good source of potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and vitamin E. It also contains a moderate amount of copper, required for the production of red blood cells. On the other hand, green tea is a nutritious addition to your diet. It has about 30% polyphenols including large amounts of catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). It lowers the cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of heart disease and also helps in reduces the risk of cancer.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Calories: 30.2 Kcal
- Two tablespoons Mango Pulp
- 1 cup Brewed Green tea
- ½ a tsp coconut sugar
- 300 ml of water
- 2-3 Ice cubes
- 3-4 mint leaves
- In a pan add coconut sugar, water and mango pulp cook until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Simmer the flame and cook till it achieves a thicker consistency.
- Keep it aside at room temperature and let it cool down.
- Now, take a glass to add the ice cubes in it and pour in the green tea and add mango syrup.
- Mix it vigorously and garnish with few mint leaves.
- The chilled mango iced tea is ready to serve.
Over to you:
Enjoy your evenings with the refreshing mango and green tea. Relieve yourself from this gloomy shady weather. To all the mango lovers, let us know in the comment section how did you find the recipe.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: