By Nmami Agarwal
The festive season of navratri is here. It’s time to evoke the energy of mother goddess and purifies mind and soul. This North Indian recipe can be easily prepared at home and will not only satiate your hunger, but tastes just as good.
Makhana-These magic round balls are packed with goodness of protein, potassium, phosphorus, carbohydrate, fibre, magnesium, iron and zinc. The best thing about makhanas is that it is low in calories and high on nutrition. It’s perfect to boost one’s energy during day long fast.
Peanuts- Peanuts are full of nutrition and contain protein, good fats, fiber and
more than 30 essential vitamins and nutrients. A number of studies have shown that nutrients found in peanuts include folic acid, phytosterols, phytic acid and resveratrol and may have anti-cancer effects.
- Makhana- 20g
- Peanuts – 3-4
- Tomato – 25g
- Oil – 1 Tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Boiled potato – 20g
- Green chili – 2
- Lemon juice – 5ml
- Rock Salt – ½ tsp or as per taste
- Few Coriander Leaves
- Few pomegranate seeds
Calories: 150 kcal
- In a pan add oil, when the oil turns hot add cumin seeds.
- Now add green chillies to it. Add chopped peanuts to this and saute it for 1 minute.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to this.
- Saute for two minutes, when done add chopped potato and makhana to this mixture. Mix well and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and lemon juice and give it an even mix.
- Garnish with pomegranate and coriander leaves and serve hot.
Over to you:
Just because you are fasting you don’t have to starve yourself these nine days. This delicious poha recipe can be made in no time and can be
served for friends and family as breakfast, or tea time snack.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: