Little Known Things To Overcome Winter Issues
By Nmami Agarwal
Winter is all about a bug like illness and at times an elevated seasonal time where old health problems take toil over your healthy living style. So from where does these health issues enters in your already happily and healthful daily tract? Well, such bug like winter issues only circulates between sore throat, cold and flu, dry skin and elevated asthma condition.
However, by god’s grace, there are some little known things to overcome such winter issues that we are going to reveal just to make your winters more harnessing. Let’s sneak peek to the winter issues and little known things to overcome.
Waking up with a prickly throat in the winters can be an indicator that some winter bacteria have penetrated into your immune system. Ninety percent of sore throat is caused by viruses linked to common cold that happens especially in winters. However, to ease pain caused due sore throat there are few a bit little known things mentioned below.
- Mulethi or Licorice Root: Mulethi or licorice contains chemicals that can ease sore throats by thinning the mucous membranes and decreasing swelling. It contains flavonoids that prevent bacterial growth and provide instant relief by soothing irritation.
A little known thing: Make either licorice or mulethi infused water by boiling dried licorice root in a cup of water for ten minutes. Or just chew the dried root of licorice t for instant relief.
- Tea (ginger, chamomile or clove tea): Ginger has the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects that may help relieve throat pain. Chamomile is an herb that has been used for medicinal purposes, like soothing a sore throat for its anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. Clove has natural antibacterial properties and brewing a few cups of hot herbal tea can help to relieve throat pain and fight infection.
A little known thing: Boil a slice of ginger or chamomile flower or clove or any other herbal tea in water to get the relief and immunity required to cure sore throat.
With the chills of the winter, the dry skin too comes which brings dullness and roughness to your skin. When you wake up with a will to start your day and take a look at the mirror and see a dull and dry skin, all you want to do is get back to your bed and hide it away. Don’t worry! We’ve got some ways to deal with this issue.
Vitamin E and vitamin C are very good contents for the moisture of the skin. We have listed down a few ways to deal with this issue. Have a look!
- Olive Oil: Being the healthy version of oil, olive oil helps your dry skin, in both ways of being an edible and a moisturizer. Olive oil contains vitamin E, monounsaturated fats and omega-3 acids making it a nutritional powerhouse for your skin. The vitamin E strengthens the skin from inside preventing from dryness and eczema.
A little known thing: Simply apply olive oil on your hands and feet and on dry skin area to smoothen it naturally.
- Honey: Honey is an excellent humectant, which helps in preserving the natural moisture level of your skin. Dry skin lacks moisture and honey seals the moisture making it soft and supple. It can be used in face pack, scrub and face toner. As you know honey gives an amazing taste, it can be used as an edible.
A little known thing: Mix honey with face pack or in toner or else you can also make homemade scrub using honey.
Asthma is a lung disease caused by environmental and genetic factors which even gets worsen during winters. People with asthma experience episodes of asthma, or asthma attacks. Considering the worst scenario asthma can take place, we are here to stabilize this winter illness by practicing few home remedies.
- Kalonji Oil: Kalonji oil is beneficial for treating inflammation. It contains omega-6 fatty acids, phospholipids and antioxidants which has the natural soothing effects in asthma. Purported to help the intense spasm.
A little known thing: Take Kalonji along with honey and warm water which provides excellent result in soothing asthma.
- Figs: Figs are soft and chewy and have a unique taste. It’s a great source of antioxidants, vitamins A, E and K that helps in draining off the phlegm and opening the airways and stabilizing asthma.
A little known thing: Soak dried figs overnight in warm water and drink this water in morning to soothe the asthma.
Over to You:
So, let’s fight off the tiny winter issues with the help of little known things mentioned above and enjoy the winters with new warmth and serenity. Try practicing any of one the mentioned remedy for the following winter issue and share with others who suffer from the same.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: