By Nmami Agarwal
Accompany these hot summer days with frosty sips! Because all you need is refreshing drinks to quench your thirst and beat the scorching heat outside. We suggest you not to neglect juicy and fleshy jamuns out there on the supermarket shelves.
The black plum boasts of many nutrients such as vitamin C, B6, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, carotene, folic acid, fiber, protein and much more making it efficient to cure skin issues, diabetes, which is also extremely beneficial for heart health, oral health, treats digestive related disorders and increase the hemoglobin level in your body.
And here, we present you the Jamun Slush. Have a look:
- Deseeded jamuns– 5-6
- Mint leaves – 4-5
- Coconut Sugar- ½ teaspoon
- Fresh lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- Ice cubes- 2
- Rock salt- a pinch
- Mix all the ingredients altogether in a blender, and blend until you get a smooth textured paste. Pour the mixture into a strainer, pressing it with a spoon to drain the liquid out of it.
- Place the jamun mixture back in the blender and add ice cubes. You can add more ice cubed depending on how slushy you want to make it.
- Once you blend it again, serve it in a glass immediately and enjoy it chilled.
Besides the burst of its tangy flavor, each bite of jamun is somewhere connected with childhood memories making the way to the lanes where plucking jamuns from sky high trees after school was an everyday activity. This summer dive into those memories with this recipe called Jamun Slush and share your reviews on the same in the comment section below.