How to Enhance Nutritive Value when on Diet
By Shivika Seth
Being on diet is majorly associated with diet goals. Diet goals usually inculcate the food to move you towards a specific direction or combination of directions. The general diet goals include weight gain, weight loss, and weight maintenance, to build muscle, to lose fat, to get toned or to improve performance in certain sport. These are still little bread diet goal, yours might be just losing 3 inches!
Due to the limited focus of diet goals and adopting meals moving towards particular directions we often miss out the intake of several nutrients that are eliminated from the diet. Generally, these goals deviate from a balanced diet.
When certain food from the diet is restricted some of the nutrients miss out if you are not careful.
Ways to enhance nutrients
The human body is not designed to efficiently use isolated nutrients. The body requires a combination of nutrients and it is necessary to take care of certain things in order to enhance nutrients.
- Make your plate colorful: The cells of the body can’t survive without vitamins. There is no better way to ensure that you are getting a full gamut than eating an assortment of plants in an array of colors. Challenge yourself to add as many colors as possible.
- Reduction of sodium intake: A normal person requires very less sodium intake in a day and our daily intake is much above that. Reducing the sodium uptake will not only lower the levels of blood pressure but also reduce the cravings of sweet.
- Add peels in diet: The peels have a better space than your trash. Peels of various veggies are rich in several nutrients. The peels of citrus fruits like lemon have more vitamin c and fiber. Peels of cucumber, tomato, carrot, apple, lemon zest, and potato are some of the fruits and veggies can be added.
- Choose a diet that offers maximum benefits: No matter the goal is to improve weight or systematic health. It is important to select diet low in saturated fats and high in healthy fats. Substituting grains with whole grain and inculcate a lot of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat a wide variety of food: Eating a varied diet can help in ensuring that all essential nutrients are obtained through eating. Try a new type of fruits and vegetables. Have food from a variety of groups from the food pyramid.
Base your diet on cereals and whole grains: Many people try to eliminate starchy food as they believe that starchy food can increase weight. In fact, it is important to base a diet on cereals and grain as they are an essential source of energy, providing carbohydrates, protein, and fiber.
- Increase fruit and vegetable consumption: There should be at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. It has several vitamins and minerals which important to inculcate in the diet.
All people should source their energy from a variety of food groups and include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and wholegrain cereals, and only small amounts of fat.
Over to you
At a certain point you do want to accomplish a diet goal be it weight loss or gain but while accomplishing these goals one must take care of the nutrients needed by the body in a day. Few careful measures can help in keeping all the nutrients in diet along with reaching your goals
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: