Homemade Spicy Cashew Milk
By Nmami Agarwal
Feeling tired? Want to have some drink which gives you wings? Then try this healthy homemade spicy cashew milk and drop the aerated drinks from now onwards. This spicy cashew milk is easy to make and fills you up with required nutrition making you refreshed and healthy within. It is a light drink to be enjoyed with porridge, chia pudding and poha with your breakfast or evening snacks when you get home all tired and drained out of energy. It’s rich and buttery taste will give you an incredible smooth texture to wish to treat yourself after a long tiring day.
Cashews are low in fibers, but they are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It contains vitamin E, K and B along with copper, iron and magnesium which are very important for the good body to function. Manganese found in cashews is a good source of metabolism and help you to make proteins which also deal with daily fatigue and healing wounds.
Curcumin is the main ingredient of turmeric which has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and also is a strong antioxidant. It boosts the neurotrophic factor in the brain which improves the brain function and also lowers the heart diseases keeping the heart healthy. It has also shown up with amazing benefits in dealing with depression as well making you feel lively.
Jaggery acts as a detox by cleaning the liver as it helps to flush out the toxins. It has loads of antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, boosts resistance against immunity, leaving you with a better immunity system. It is a natural sweetener and provides immense energy and also helps with mood swing and abdominal pain.
- Cashews- 10 gm
- Water- 150 ml
- Ground dry turmeric- ½ piece
- Cinnamon- ½ tsp
- Cardamom- ¼ Tsp
- Fresh ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Nutmeg- 1/8 Tsp
- Salt- a pinch
- Jaggery- 2 gm
Calories– 80 kcal
Protein– 2.2 gm
Carbohydrate– 6.3 gm
Fat– 4.8 gm
- Before you think of making the cashew milk you need to soak the cashews in the water for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once the nuts are fully soaked, blend them on high in an extremely powerful blender for 1 minute, until completely smooth and creamy.
- Now add the remaining ingredients to the blended cashews and blend it for another 15 seconds.
- After you get the ingredients completely blended and seems all ready, garnish it with chopped cashews and serve hot or cold, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Over to you:
When running hard and managing your everyday life, all the energy you have has been drained out then this cashew milk will leave you with energy and nutritious. On one hand it gives you all the energy and on the other hand, keeps you full without feeling heavy.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: