By Nmami Agarwal
This classic popular South Indian soft chewy rice pancake topped with finely chopped vegetables is nutritious and a great option for breakfast. It is easy to make and can be topped with various vegetables according to your preference.
Fermented food improves digestion and bio-availability of minerals in food. Adding vegetables will provide you dietary fiber, folate, Vitamin A and C which will give add on texture, taste and nutrition.
- 50 ml Dosa batter (recipe included in method)
- ½ finely chopped onion
- ½ finely chopped tomato
- ½ finely chopped capsicum
- 1 small grated carrot
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 sprigs coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoons of coconut oil
- Salt to taste
Calories: 162 KCal
Carbs: 24.7 gm
Proteins: 4.6 gm
Fats: 5.2 gm
How to make Dosa Batter
- Soak 100 grams of rice for 5 hours and 30 grams of urad dal separately for 3 hours.
- Now, blend both rice and dal in a blender till smooth and fluffy batter is achieved.
- Cover and ferment the batter in a warm place for 8-12 hours. The fermented batter is ready.
- Take all the veggies (onion, tomato, capsicum, coriander, green chilli, carrot) in a bowl, sprinkle some salt and mix it well with the dosa batter.
- Now, heat the pan on medium flame. Grease it well using oil.
- Once oil on the pan starts to sizzle, pour the batter on it in the centre of the pan.
- Now, sprinkle the prepared veggie mixture over it. Drizzle minimum oil around the edges and on top and let it cook on medium-low heat.
- After the bottom part is golden brown, cook the other side next.
- Once both sides are golden brown and slightly crispy, remove it from the pan and serve hot with your choice of chutney (coconut, pudina) or sambhar.
Note: You can use your choice of vegetables or make with onion and tomato as well.
Over to you
It’s the perfect option for lunchbox as well. One of the best ways to enjoy is by adding fresh, seasonal and colourful vegetables by using less oil. So, enjoy this healthy recipe that will provide you goodness of variety of vegetables together. You can add oats or vegetables like spinach, broccoli and garlic to this recipe and enrich the nutrients present in Uttapam.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: