By Nmami Agarwal
Vegetable Poha is a perfect blend of aromatic flavours and crunchy taste. This quick recipe is highly nutritive and full filling which also gives the required energy to start your day.
Rice poha is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of carbohydrates too. It is very filling and gives you satiety. It aids in digestion and promotes heart health. Low in calories, rice poha instantly stimulates energy levels in your body. This delicious Indian snack is an ideal meal.
- 60 grams rice poha
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 15 grams peanuts
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup potato, boiled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon, capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon carrot, chopped
- 15 grams peas
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
Calories- 172 Kcal
Carbs- 29 grams
Protein- 3.8 grams
Fats- 4.1 grams
- Place poha in a strainer and thoroughly rinse it under running water. Set it aside so that excess water drains out.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add peanuts. Cook it on a low flame.
- Add onions and tomatoes and sauté well till translucent.
- Add carrot, capsicum and peas and cook it well on medium heat.
- Now add boiled potatoes, curry leaves, green chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
- Lower the flame, stir in the poha. Mix it well with all the ingredients.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve when cooked!
Over to you
Enjoy the plentiful benefits of number of vegetables in this poha and fill your morning, midday or evening hunger pangs guilt-free.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: