Vegan Spring Risotto
By Nmami Agarwal
Vegan spring risotto features rice absorbed in the benefits of veggies like spinach, asparagus, radish, parsley, and mint. It gives the dish a creamy texture and benefits to the body in countless ways!
Spinach: Spinach is rich in Vitamin K, vitamin C, iron, folic acid, and calcium. It is great for bone health, skin and hair. It is rich in fiber which helps the colon flush things through and relieves constipation.
Parsley: Parsley is a great source of Vitamin K. Vitamin K is necessary for maintaining bone health and reduces the rich of fractures. Parsley also removes excess fat from the blood and prevents diabetes.
Energy – 142.1kcal
Protein – 3.1g
Carbs – 19.2g
Fats – 5.64g
- 10g fennel bulb, trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20g rice
- 30ml vegetable broth
- 1¾ cups water
- 5g fresh asparagus
- 20g coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 15g chopped radishes
- 10g chopped fresh parsley
- 5g chopped fresh mint
- 5 ml olive oil
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium flame and add garlic and fennel. Cook for 5 minutes until fennel is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously and remove from heat.
- Add broth, asparagus, and water in a saucepan and boil them. Add green beans and asparagus, cover and cook for another
- 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetable to bowl, reserving the broth mixture in pan. Continue to keep the broth mixture on simmer.
- Stir broth mixture in rice mixture. Cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed in the rice.
- Stir in the cooked asparagus, beans, spinach, radish, parsley, and mint.
Over to you
Greens can’t get any greener than the ones used in this really healthy recipe. The mix if exotic and healthy ingredients gives this risotto the much needed flavor of health. Do try out!
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: