Tomato Rice Pot
By Nmami Agarwal
It is quick dinner or lunch recipe when you do not want to toss too many ingredients, but still want to enjoy wholesome goodness of health.
Rice is a good source of carbohydrate; hence it is excellent to load you up with energy. Rice is also gluten free, hence suitable for people with sensitive gut or coeliac disease. Tomatoes contain good amount of folic and alpha-lipoic acid- good for fighting against depression. Folic acid in tomatoes can prevent an excess of homocysteine that restricts the production of vital neurotransmitters such as serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine.
- 90 gm rice (cooked)
- ½ tsp mustard oil
- 20 gm onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 50 gm tomato puree (freshly made with tomatoes)
- Pinch turmeric
- Salt as per taste
Course: Lunch/ Dinner
Calories: 156 Kcal
Carbs: 29.9 gm
Proteins: 3.5 gm
Fats: 2.5 gm
- Take a deep saucepan
- Add the mustard oil. Let it heat and add ginger garlic paste to it.
- Add tomato puree, and turmeric; let it cook for a while being covered.
- Add salt, stir it nicely. Pour in some water to adjust the consistency.
- Finally, add cooked rice, and stir it gently.
- Add salt and stir again. Turn off the heat. Serve hot with raita or chutney.
Over to you:
This delicious recipe is red, hot with goodness of lycopene of tomato that is deemed as one of the best food for heart health and to promote an overall healing.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: