Tofu Quinoa Scramble
By Nmami Agarwal
Soy based Tofu and whole grain quinoa, together or individually make an excellent proteinaceous meal choice especially for vegetarians and vegans. Both of them contain all of the nine essential amino acids required to build various proteins within the body. Thus, both of them are complete protein sources. This recipe will bring to you a lot of nutritional goodness apart from just protein. Let’s get started:
Tofu is loaded with ample protein, iron, calcium, selenium, manganese, zinc and phosphorus. It helps in lowering of LDL (bad cholesterol). Tofu is also rich in calcium and potassium; both of them are great for bone health. Quinoa is high in protein, gluten-free, and also contains essential nutrients like- Fibre, magnesium, Vitamin E, phosphorus, and calcium. Two important antioxidants that are found in quinoa- quercetin and kaempferol have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-depressant effects.
- 40 gm crumbled tofu
- 20 gm cooked quinoa
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 20 gm onion, thinly sliced
- 20 gm broccoli florets
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper as per taste
Course: Lunch/ Dinner
Calories- 136 Kcal
Carbs- 36 gm
Protein – 7 gm
Fat- 4 gm
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and sauté for a minute on medium flame.
- Toss in broccoli florets, and stir until broccoli is soft and well cooked.
- Add crumpled tofu, and cook well until light brown colour.
- Add cooked quinoa, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds.
- Cook for a minute and serve hot.
Over to you-
This recipe is really simple to make and the ingredients are often easily available. You can consume it during lunch, dinner or as a post-workout meal. Ensure to keep a gap of 3 hours from the bed-time, if you are having it as the final meal of the day.
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: