Three B’s Salad
By Nmami Agarwal
This recipe will burst the myth about salads that they are boring, tasteless and un- fulfilling. By layering and combining different flavors and textures you can expand your salad experience. That’s exactly what we have done in our three B’s i.e. roasted beetroot, broccoli and beans salad which will help in detoxifying your body post Diwali.
Beetroot contains inorganic nitrates that cause our blood vessels to dilate hence more blood and oxygen can flow through them. It aids in detoxification process and helps in cleaning and purifying of blood. Broccoli is another star food which is rich in essential
vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc too. Beans are packed with green goodness and it is a fantastic source of protein, iron, calcium, magnesium etc.
- 20 grams fresh beetroot (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- 30 grams broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 30 grams green beans (ends chopped off)
- 5 grams walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Calories: 89 kcal
Protein: 2.5 g
Carbohydrate: 5.8 g
Fat: 5.9 g
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add beetroot, broccoli and beans to it.
- Roast for about 8-10 minutes or until the veggies turns soft.
- Toss the veggies into the serving bowl and add walnuts and lemon juice to it.
- Season the salad with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
Over to you
If you’re not keen to add walnuts then you can switch it with different nuts or seeds like almonds, flax seeds or pumpkin seeds. Enjoy this vibrant salad along with your friends and family!
Like this Article ?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: