Stuffed Bran Wrap
By Nmami Agarwal
This stuffed bran wrap recipe is an amazing way to enjoy your ordinary tortillas in a more presentable way. It is an amazing way to get your vegetable fix. If you suffer from eating those boring vegetables every day and don’t know what to do with that, try this amazing recipe which will definitely ask your attention.
Wheat bran is a great source of fibres and is low in calories. Due to the goodness of rich dietary fibres, it helps in promoting digestion and keeps your gut healthy. Oats are also a good source of fibres and also contain amazing amounts of proteins and the best part is they are gluten-free. It helps in lowering blood sugar levels and cholesterol. Bottle gourd provides a good amount of water content and helps in reducing weight. Carrots contain vitamin A which promotes good vision and improves immunity. Cabbage comes packed with vitamin C which protects the cells from free radical damage.
- 20 gm bottle gourd (peeled and grated)
- 20 gm carrots (grated)
- 20 gm cabbage (chopped)
- 40 gm bran atta & oats atta (combined)
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
Course: Lunch/ Dinner
Calories: 67 Kcal
Proteins: 3.2 gm
Fats: 0.9 gm
Carbs: 15.1 gm
To prepare tortillas:
- Take a large bowl and combine both bran atta and oats atta. Add some salt and knead it with water. Place it on a lightly floured surface and knead for few more minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high flame. With the help of a rolling pin, roll a dough ball from the prepared dough into a thin, round tortilla. Place on the hot skillet and cook until bubbly and golden.
To prepare the stuffed bran wrap:
- Place a medium-sized pan on medium flame. Add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot. add grated bottle gourd, carrots and cabbage and give it a nice toss. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add red chilli powder, oregano and salt.
- Place this veggie mix on the tortilla and roll it into a nice wrap.
- Cut the wrap in half. Serve immediately.
Over to you
These wraps are an amazing way of enjoying your ordinary tortillas and they taste delicious. You can eat one wrap and add more vegetables or substitute the existing ones as per your liking. The recipe is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
Like this Recipe?
Share it with your friends and loved ones: